1. How fast are some sea floors spreading each year?
- By a few FEET per year.
- By a few MILOMETERS per year.
- By a few CENTIMETERS per year.
- By a few INCHES per year.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What causes tectonic plates to drift?
- Convection currents.
- Ocean waves.
3. What is red shift?
- When a galaxy is moving away from us and the wavelength of the light from it changes, this causes the light to become redder.
- When planets are moving away from us a high speeds, scientists use the term 'red shift' to explain at what rate it's moving away.
- Wavelengths change and appear to turn any light source a red type color.
- Red shift is when distant planets move towards us, the wavelengths change and give off a red glow.
4. What is the formula that relates wave speed, frequency, and wavelength?
- Speed= Frequency + Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency x Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency / Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency - Wavelength
5. How many planets are in the solar system?