1. How are the Himalayas being formed?
- Folds in the plates.
- By plates moving away from each other.
- By India crashing into the Eurasian plate.
- A pull between two plates.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the source of the sun's energy?
- The fusion of lithium nuclei.
- The fusion of nitrogen nuclei.
- The fusion of hydrogen nuclei.
- The fusion of carbon nuclei.
3. Briefly explain Wegener's theory of continental drift.
- About 300 million years ago there had been ONE continent (Panantas) and over time it melted into the ocean and created other islands.
- About 300 million years ago there had been ONE continent (Pangaea) and over time it broke up into smaller chunks and spread out.
- About 1 million years ago there had been ONE continent (Pangaea) and one day it combusted and broke off into mini islands.
- About 250 million years ago there had been TWO continents (Pangaea and Samantes) and over time it's spread out.
4. What is the formula that relates wave speed, frequency, and wavelength?
- Speed= Frequency - Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency / Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency x Wavelength
- Speed= Frequency + Wavelength
5. Explain why we see stars and galaxies as they were in the past.
- Light travels at a certain speed, so the further away something is in space, the longer the light takes to get to us.
- Space time and Earth time are different. One earth year=100 space years.
- We don't, it a common misconception in science. What we are seeing is the same time.
- The planet move so fast that it's hard for the light to keep up.