1. What is the source of the sun's energy?
- The fusion of lithium nuclei.
- The fusion of nitrogen nuclei.
- The fusion of hydrogen nuclei.
- The fusion of carbon nuclei.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many planets are in the solar system?
3. Name the process that wears mountains down.
4. What causes tectonic plates to drift?
- Ocean waves.
- Convection currents.
5. What is red shift?
- When a galaxy is moving away from us and the wavelength of the light from it changes, this causes the light to become redder.
- Red shift is when distant planets move towards us, the wavelengths change and give off a red glow.
- When planets are moving away from us a high speeds, scientists use the term 'red shift' to explain at what rate it's moving away.
- Wavelengths change and appear to turn any light source a red type color.