1. When a car is accelerating the resultant force is...
- Pushing the car down
- In the opposite direction the car is travelling
- In the direction the car is travelling
- Pushing the car back
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is stopping distance?
- The time from the driver pushing the breaks and the breaks working
- The overall time it took for a car to completely come to a halt
- The overall distance it takes for a car to completely stop-from when the driver noticed they should stop and did
- The distance it took from the driver pushing the brakes and the brakes working
3. What is the equation for stopping distance?
- Stopping Distance= Braking Distance/ Thinking distance
- Stopping Distance= Thinking Distance- Braking distance
- Stopping distance= Thinking distance + Braking Distance
- Stopping Distance= Braking Distance x Thinking Distance
4. How does a vehicle slow down?
- Increasing the resistant forces and decreasing the push from the engine
- Decreasing the push from the engine and decreasing the resistant force.
- Increasing the push from the engine and decreasing the resistant force
- Increasing the resistant force and increasing the push from the engine
5. Which of these has a negative affect on Thinking distance?
- The condition of the tires
- Alcohol, drug use
- The quality of the brakes
- Decreasing speed