1. What is an asteroid?
- Remains of planet that collided with Earth billions of years ago.
- Rocks left over form the formation of the Solar System.
- A small body with a core of frozen gas & dust.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Three types of fuel used in power stations?
- Nuclear Fuel, Fossil Fuels & Gas
- Fossil Fuels, Biomass & Nuclear Fuel
- Petrol, Biomass & Nuclear Fuel
- Fossil Fuels, Petrol & Biomass
3. What are the 4 stages of electricity production in a conventional power station?
- Fuel is burned to release heat energy, heat boils water to produce steam, steam drives turbines which drive generators & generators produce electricity.
- Fuel is burned & heat boils water which produces electricity.
- Heat boils & produces electricity.
4. What is it meant by renewable energy?
- Energy that will not run out.
- Energy that is finite.
- Energy that will run out.
5. What will a medium weight star, like our Sun, eventually become?
- White Dwarf
- Black Hole
- Red giant