1. State the equation used to calculate electrical power?
- Power = Current x Voltage
- Power = Current x Total Cost
- Power = Voltage x Time
- Power = Current x Time
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Give 2 uses of gamma radiation:
- Treat cancer & sterilise medical equipment.
- Paper thickness gauge
- In smoke-detectors
3. What is it meant by renewable energy?
- Energy that will run out.
- Energy that will not run out.
- Energy that is finite.
4. What is an asteroid?
- Rocks left over form the formation of the Solar System.
- A small body with a core of frozen gas & dust.
- Remains of planet that collided with Earth billions of years ago.
5. What are the 4 stages of electricity production in a conventional power station?
- Fuel is burned to release heat energy, heat boils water to produce steam, steam drives turbines which drive generators & generators produce electricity.
- Fuel is burned & heat boils water which produces electricity.
- Heat boils & produces electricity.