1. What are the 4 stages of electricity production in a conventional power station?
- Heat boils & produces electricity.
- Fuel is burned to release heat energy, heat boils water to produce steam, steam drives turbines which drive generators & generators produce electricity.
- Fuel is burned & heat boils water which produces electricity.
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. How is high-level radioactive waste stored?
- Enclosed in glass & stored underground in steel cylinders.
- Sealed & buried in landfill sites.
3. Give 2 uses of gamma radiation:
- Treat cancer & sterilise medical equipment.
- Paper thickness gauge
- In smoke-detectors
4. Which type of radiation is most penetrating?
5. Name 2 Greenhouse gases:
- Carbon Dioxide & Methane
- Carbon Dioxide & Oxygen
- Carbon dioxide, Water vapour & Methane
- Oxygen & Methane