1. What process is this when a liquid changes to a solid?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Describe the movement of particles in a gas.
- move around each other
- move quickly in any direction
- vibrate about in a fixed position
3. When a gas is heated, what will happen to the particles?
- they will gain kinetic energy which will make them move faster. This means the particles will collide with the walls more frequently
- The particles will expand and take up more space so they are harder to compress
- the particles will gain energy and eventually escape from the container
- they will move more slowly. This means the particles will collide with the walls less frequently
4. Describe the arrangement of particles in a solid.
- far apart: regular pattern
- close together: regular pattern
- close together: random
- far apart: random
5. Why do liquids flow and take up the shape of their container?
- the particles are far apart and have space to move into
- the particles can move around each other
- the particles are close together and have no space to move into
- the particles can move quickly in all directions