1. What is meant by the 'frequency of a wave'?
- The distance between two corresponding points on two successive disturbances
- The number of waves produced, or that pass a particular point, in one second
- The maximum disturbance caused by the wave
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. State the units of temperature and heat energy.
- Degrees celsius and joules
3. Which type of seismic wave cannot travel through the liquid outer core of the Earth?
- Secondary waves
- Primary waves
4. What types of molecules in foods absorb microwaves?
- Water and fat
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulfuric acid
5. Name two electromagnetic waves with a shorter wavelength than visible light.
- Radio waves
- Infrared rays
- Ultra violet/x-rays/gamma rays