1. What types of molecules in foods absorb microwaves?
- Water and fat
- Carbon dioxide
- Sulfuric acid
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Deforestation contributes to global warming. True of False?
- True - reduces the amount of oxygen in the air and more carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere rather than being taken away by trees, when they photosynthesise.
3. State the units of temperature and heat energy.
- Degrees celsius and joules
4. Which type of house insulation has the longest payback time?
- Double glazing
- Cavity wall insulation
- Fibreglass roof insulation
- Reflective foil on or in walls
5. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food