1. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name two electromagnetic waves with a shorter wavelength than visible light.
- Ultra violet/x-rays/gamma rays
- Radio waves
- Infrared rays
3. State the units of temperature and heat energy.
- Degrees celsius and joules
4. Which type of seismic wave cannot travel through the liquid outer core of the Earth?
- Secondary waves
- Primary waves
5. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food