1. Deforestation contributes to global warming. True of False?
- True - reduces the amount of oxygen in the air and more carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere rather than being taken away by trees, when they photosynthesise.
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
3. What happens to light when it hits a glass-air boundary at an angle above the critical angle of substance?
- The light is totally internally reflected and not refracted
4. What is meant by the 'frequency of a wave'?
- The number of waves produced, or that pass a particular point, in one second
- The maximum disturbance caused by the wave
- The distance between two corresponding points on two successive disturbances
5. Which type of house insulation has the longest payback time?
- Reflective foil on or in walls
- Double glazing
- Fibreglass roof insulation
- Cavity wall insulation