1. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is meant by the 'frequency of a wave'?
- The distance between two corresponding points on two successive disturbances
- The number of waves produced, or that pass a particular point, in one second
- The maximum disturbance caused by the wave
3. What types of molecules in foods absorb microwaves?
- Sulfuric acid
- Water and fat
- Carbon dioxide
4. Name two electromagnetic waves with a shorter wavelength than visible light.
- Ultra violet/x-rays/gamma rays
- Radio waves
- Infrared rays
5. Which type of seismic wave cannot travel through the liquid outer core of the Earth?
- Secondary waves
- Primary waves