1. What types of molecules in foods absorb microwaves?
- Sulfuric acid
- Water and fat
- Carbon dioxide
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. State the units of temperature and heat energy.
- Degrees celsius and joules
3. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
4. Name two electromagnetic waves with a shorter wavelength than visible light.
- Radio waves
- Ultra violet/x-rays/gamma rays
- Infrared rays
5. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food