1. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which type of house insulation has the longest payback time?
- Cavity wall insulation
- Fibreglass roof insulation
- Double glazing
- Reflective foil on or in walls
3. State the condition needed for maximum diffraction.
- When the gap is the same width as the wavelength of the wave passing through it
- As waves pass through a gap or an opening, the edges spread out
4. Deforestation contributes to global warming. True of False?
- True - reduces the amount of oxygen in the air and more carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere rather than being taken away by trees, when they photosynthesise.
5. Which type of seismic wave cannot travel through the liquid outer core of the Earth?
- Secondary waves
- Primary waves