1. Other than heating food, state two uses of microwaves.
- Satellite communication, mobile phones and radar
- Heating food
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name the useful energies produced by a television.
- Electrical energy
- Light and sound
- Heat energy
3. Which type of seismic wave cannot travel through the liquid outer core of the Earth?
- Secondary waves
- Primary waves
4. What types of molecules in foods absorb microwaves?
- Sulfuric acid
- Water and fat
- Carbon dioxide
5. Deforestation contributes to global warming. True of False?
- True - reduces the amount of oxygen in the air and more carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere rather than being taken away by trees, when they photosynthesise.