1. A piece of steel can be magnetised by:
- Coating it in wire
- Stroking it with a magnet
- Soaking it in water
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. The closer the field lines are together, the __ the magnetic field is.
3. Steel is an alloy. Why is it magnetic?
- It is mostly made of iron
- It is mostly made of zinc
- It is mostly made of nickel
- It is stainless
4. Electromagnets cannot be made stronger by:
- Increasing the number of turns of wire around the coil
- Making the coil out of carbon
- Increasing the current in the coil
- Winding the coil around a core made from iron
5. Which of these elements are magnetic?