1. Electromagnets cannot be made stronger by:
- Making the coil out of carbon
- Winding the coil around a core made from iron
- Increasing the current in the coil
- Increasing the number of turns of wire around the coil
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these elements are magnetic?
3. Steel is an alloy. Why is it magnetic?
- It is stainless
- It is mostly made of iron
- It is mostly made of nickel
- It is mostly made of zinc
4. The field is __ near the poles of a magnet.
- The same
5. A piece of steel can be magnetised by:
- Coating it in wire
- Stroking it with a magnet
- Soaking it in water