- Created by: Emmeline Macdonald
- Created on: 13-11-18 18:15
1. why must the alpha particles have been repelled by the same charge that the alpha particles carried?
- because some alpha particles reflected back
- because no alpha particles reflected back
- because all alpha particles reflected back
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. why was the neutron the last subatomic particle to be discovered?
- it has a negative charge
- it has no charge
- it is too small
3. what is radioactive contamination?
- unwanted presence of materials containing radioactive atoms on other materials
- wanted presence of materials containing radioactive atoms on other materials
- unwanted presence of materials not containing radioactive atoms
4. how does the energy level of an electron change?
- absorbing electromagnetic radiation changes them to a higher energy level
- becoming an ion
5. what is irradiation?
- the process of exposing an object to nuclear radiation but does not cause the object to become radioactive
- process of exposing an object to nuclear radiation and it causes the object to become radioactive