1. What is the national grid?
- a system of power stations, cables and transformers
- the telephone wires that connect homes to eachother
- all the power stations in the UK
- the cables that connect homes to power stations
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. what are the states of energy, in order, of a hydro-electric power station?
- kinetic energy, electrical energy
- chemical energy, kinetic energy, electrical energy
- gravitational potential energy, kinetic energy, electrical energy
- electrical energy
3. why is the voltage stepped up for long- distance transportation in cables?
- it's cheaper
- because less energy is lost
- it's easier to transport the energy
- it makes the journey faster
4. what is diffraction?
- when waves spread out after they pass through a gap
- when waves have a higher frequency
- when waves get smaller
- when waves compress
5. what wave is a transverse wave?
- gamma ray
- sound wave