1. why is the voltage stepped up for long- distance transportation in cables?
- because less energy is lost
- it's cheaper
- it makes the journey faster
- it's easier to transport the energy
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. how do we know if an image is virtual?
- the image is larger
- the image cannot be projected onto a screen
- the image is smaller
- the image doesn't look real
3. what is the definition of u-value?
- it measures the cost of an electrical device
- the measure of how effective a material is as an insulator
- the value of how much it costs to pay a material back compared to the amount of money it saves
4. what voltage is supplied to homes?
5. what objects lose heat faster?
- objects with a small surface area
- objects with a large surface area
- shiny objects