1. What does CMBR stand for?
- Constant Metallic Background Radiation
- Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
- Cosmic Magnetic Background Radiation
- Constant Multiple Background Radiation
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to sound waves emitted from a police car moving towards you?
- Their frequency appears increased, so their pitch increases
- Their wavelength appears increased, so their pitch increases
- Their amplitude appears increased, so their pitch increases
- They move faster, so their pitch increases
3. Why is the light from distant stars Red-Shifted?
- The longer wavelengths are dispersed
- The blue light they produce is not visible
- They are moving away from us
- They produce more red light than other galaxies
4. What does Red Shift prove?
- The galaxies emit more red light than blue
- The galaxies are moving away from us
- The galaxies are moving around us
- The galaxies are moving towards us
5. When stars are moving towards us, their light appears...?