1. How do scientists explain the presence of CMBR?
- Dust and debris from exploding stars affects the radiation equipment
- It is remaining heat radiation from the Big Bang
- It is heat radiation emitted when distant stars explode
- It is light radiation left over from the Big Bang
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to sound waves emitted from a police car moving towards you?
- Their frequency appears increased, so their pitch increases
- They move faster, so their pitch increases
- Their wavelength appears increased, so their pitch increases
- Their amplitude appears increased, so their pitch increases
3. How do scientists explain Red Shift?
- The entire universe is expanding
- The universe is rotating about an axis
- The entire universe is collapsing
- The universe will eventually collapse
4. When did the Big Bang occur?
- 13,700 million years ago
- 13.7 million years ago
- 1,370 million years ago
- 137 million years ago
5. Why is the light from distant stars Red-Shifted?
- The longer wavelengths are dispersed
- The blue light they produce is not visible
- They are moving away from us
- They produce more red light than other galaxies