1. Why are metals good conductors of heat?
- The particles are tightly packed in rows
- There is space between the particles for energy to pass
- The particles are tightly packed and they contain free electrons
- They contain free moving electrons
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. When a liquid is heated, the particles...?
3. What is conduction?
- Transfer of heat energy by vibrations and particle collisions
- Transfer of heat energy by infrared radiation
- Transfer of heat energy through movement
- Transfer of heat energy by condensation and evaporation
4. What is created when a radiator heats the air around it?
- Convection current
- Radiation cycle
- Convection cycle
- Conduction current
5. An object will emit or absorb energy faster if...?
- The object is coated in a layer of insulation such as foam
- There is a big difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
- The temperatures of it and its surroundings are the same
- There is a small difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
Similar Physics resources: