1. When a liquid is heated, the substance...?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. An object will emit or absorb energy faster if...?
- The temperatures of it and its surroundings are the same
- The object is coated in a layer of insulation such as foam
- There is a big difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
- There is a small difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
3. Dark, matt surfaces are the best...?
- Reflectors of heat
- Absorbers of heat
- Conductors of heat
4. When a gas condenses, what happens to the energy?
- It increases, causing the particles to vibrate and join together
- It is released and causes the temperature to increase
- It is transferred to the container, cooling the surface
- It is absorbed by the liquid causing the particles to move more
5. What is created when a radiator heats the air around it?
- Convection current
- Convection cycle
- Conduction current
- Radiation cycle
Similar Physics resources: