1. When a liquid is heated, the substance...?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is infrared radiation?
- Electromagnetic radiation in liquid substances
- The shortest wavelength of electromagnetic radiation
- Transfer of thermal energy by electromagnetic waves
- Transfer of thermal energy by particle collisions
3. An object will emit or absorb energy faster if...?
- There is a big difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
- There is a small difference in temperature between it and its surroundings
- The temperatures of it and its surroundings are the same
- The object is coated in a layer of insulation such as foam
4. What adaptation would be best suited to a desert fox?
- Small, thin ears
- Large, thin ears
- Large, thick ears
- Small, thick ears
5. Why are flasks made from plastic?
- Plastic is a poor conductor
- Plastic is a good conductor
- Plastic is warmer than metal
- Plastic is colder than metal
Similar Physics resources: