1. What adaptation would be best suited to a desert fox?
- Small, thick ears
- Large, thin ears
- Small, thin ears
- Large, thick ears
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is infrared radiation?
- The shortest wavelength of electromagnetic radiation
- Transfer of thermal energy by particle collisions
- Transfer of thermal energy by electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic radiation in liquid substances
3. When a gas condenses, what happens to the energy?
- It increases, causing the particles to vibrate and join together
- It is released and causes the temperature to increase
- It is transferred to the container, cooling the surface
- It is absorbed by the liquid causing the particles to move more
4. What is conduction?
- Transfer of heat energy by condensation and evaporation
- Transfer of heat energy by vibrations and particle collisions
- Transfer of heat energy through movement
- Transfer of heat energy by infrared radiation
5. Why are metals good conductors of heat?
- There is space between the particles for energy to pass
- They contain free moving electrons
- The particles are tightly packed and they contain free electrons
- The particles are tightly packed in rows
Similar Physics resources: