1. When a liquid is heated, the particles...?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. When a gas condenses, what happens to the energy?
- It increases, causing the particles to vibrate and join together
- It is released and causes the temperature to increase
- It is transferred to the container, cooling the surface
- It is absorbed by the liquid causing the particles to move more
3. What is conduction?
- Transfer of heat energy by vibrations and particle collisions
- Transfer of heat energy by infrared radiation
- Transfer of heat energy through movement
- Transfer of heat energy by condensation and evaporation
4. Dark, matt surfaces are the best...?
- Absorbers of heat
- Reflectors of heat
- Conductors of heat
5. What adaptation would be best suited to a desert fox?
- Small, thin ears
- Small, thick ears
- Large, thin ears
- Large, thick ears
Similar Physics resources: