- Created by: ria_needs_to_revisemore
- Created on: 07-11-18 10:38
1. What is a closed system?
- A system that transfers energy into and outside of the system boundary, does NOT transfer matter.
- A system that transfers both energy and matter into and beyond the system boundary.
- A system that transfers only matter into and beyond the system boundary.
- A system that has interactions only outside of the system boundary.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define negative feedback.
- Keeps a system in a state of dynamic equillibrium.
- Decreases the level of change, by reducing soem of the inputs.
- Increases the level of change, by increasing the inputs.
- Leads to instability in the system.
3. identify one incorrect charcteristic of systems
- Different parts of the system are connected and intergrated together.
- Systems are a generalisation of reality- give an idea of what is happening in a system, but the reality is more detailed.
- Systems accuratley show the reality of what is happening in systems.
- Only SOME systems exchange energy/matter beyond their defined boundary.
4. What is a open system ?
- Systems that have external inputs and & outputs of energy & matter.
- A system that does not transfer any material.
- A system that transfers only energy.
- A system that transfers only matter.
5. Define dynamic equillibrium
- The inputs are not level to the outputs in the system.
- The state of balance in a system, where both the level of inputs and outputs are equal.
- The level of inputs and outputs are not equal.
- When the system is not in a state of balance.
Similar Geography resources: