- Created by: ria_needs_to_revisemore
- Created on: 07-11-18 10:38
1. Identify one characteristic of systems
- All systems transfer both energy and matter.
- Function in the same way- involves inputs and outputs of material (energy/or matter).
- There are no relationships between the processes of systems.
- They do not follow a specific structure.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. identify one incorrect charcteristic of systems
- Only SOME systems exchange energy/matter beyond their defined boundary.
- Different parts of the system are connected and intergrated together.
- Systems accuratley show the reality of what is happening in systems.
- Systems are a generalisation of reality- give an idea of what is happening in a system, but the reality is more detailed.
3. What is a closed system?
- A system that transfers only matter into and beyond the system boundary.
- A system that transfers energy into and outside of the system boundary, does NOT transfer matter.
- A system that transfers both energy and matter into and beyond the system boundary.
- A system that has interactions only outside of the system boundary.
4. Define positive feedback.
- The effect of a change does not influence the processes in the system.
- Enhances and effect, which has an impact on the process- leading to a "SNOWBALL EFFECT."
- The inputs and outputs of the system are reduced by one change, which further reduces the inputs into the system.
- The inputs and outputs of a systems are made level.
5. Idenitfy one factor that can cause disbalance in the system.
- Large storm events- storm surges.
- The time that it takes the inputs to enter the system.
- The day of the week.
- How old the system is.
Similar Geography resources: