- Created by: ria_needs_to_revisemore
- Created on: 07-11-18 10:38
1. Define positive feedback.
- The effect of a change does not influence the processes in the system.
- The inputs and outputs of a systems are made level.
- Enhances and effect, which has an impact on the process- leading to a "SNOWBALL EFFECT."
- The inputs and outputs of the system are reduced by one change, which further reduces the inputs into the system.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a open system ?
- A system that does not transfer any material.
- Systems that have external inputs and & outputs of energy & matter.
- A system that transfers only matter.
- A system that transfers only energy.
3. Define dynamic equillibrium
- The inputs are not level to the outputs in the system.
- The state of balance in a system, where both the level of inputs and outputs are equal.
- The level of inputs and outputs are not equal.
- When the system is not in a state of balance.
4. What is a closed system?
- A system that has interactions only outside of the system boundary.
- A system that transfers both energy and matter into and beyond the system boundary.
- A system that transfers energy into and outside of the system boundary, does NOT transfer matter.
- A system that transfers only matter into and beyond the system boundary.
5. Idenitfy one factor that can cause disbalance in the system.
- Large storm events- storm surges.
- The day of the week.
- How old the system is.
- The time that it takes the inputs to enter the system.
Similar Geography resources: