1. Which photosynthetic pigments acts as an accessory pigment?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. An action spectrum is a graph that shows ___.
- the rate of photosynthesis at different wavelengths of light
- how much light a particular pigment absorbs at each wavelength.
- the rate of respiration at different wavelengths of light
- how much CO2 a particular pigment absorbs per second.
3. Photolysis, the splitting of water molecules by light, produces ___ and ___.
- Oxygen ions and electrons
- Hydrogen ions and electrons
- Potassium ions and electrons
- Sodium ions and electrons
4. During the light-independent stage (calvin cycle), ATP and reduced NADP are used to synthesise _______.
- Triose sugar
- Hexose sugar
- Pentose sugars
5. Where does the light-independent stage of photosynthesis take place?
- Stroma of the chloroplasts
- Chloroplast envelope
- Starch granules of the chloroplasts
- Thylakoids of the chloroplasts