Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is the chemiosmotic theory?
- Thylakoid space has high conc. of protons, protons transported into stroma through ATP synthase channel, producing ATP
- Water is transported into the stroma through the ATP synthase channel, producing ATP
- Protons are pumped into the thylakoid space, water moves into the thylakoid space
- Stroma has high conc. of protons, protons transported into thylakoid space via ATP synthase channel
7. When chlorophyll absorbs light energy, it decreases the energy of a pair of electrons
8. Where does the Light-Independent Reaction take place?
- Thylakoid membrane
- Thylakoid space
9. Where does the Light-Dependent reaction take place?
10. Where does photosynthesis take place?
- In the nucleus in the leaf
- In the mitochondria in the leaf
- In the chloroplasts in the leaf
- In the chloroplasts in the roots
11. What is the equation for photosynthesis?
- Carbon dioxide + glucose = oxygen + water
- Carbon dioxide + water = glucose + oxygen
- Glucose + water = oxygen + carbon dioxide
- Glucose + oxygen = carbon dioxide + water
12. How can the rate of photosynthesis be measured?
- By measuring the volume of oxygen produced
- By calculating how much oxygen has been taken up
- By calculating how much carbon dioxide has been taken up
- By measuring how much water has been produced
13. What is the photolysis of water?
- When water is broken down by light energy to produce protons, electrons and oxygen
- When water is broken down by light energy to produce oxygen and protons
- When water is broken down by light energy to produce protons and electrons
- When water is broken down by light energy to produce electrons and oxygen
14. What are the two main products of the LDR?
- oxygen and reduced NADP
- Reduced FADP and ATP
- Reduced NADP and ATP
- ATP and oxygen
15. What adaptations of the leaf make it suitable for photosynthesis?
- Large surface area, thin, non-overlapping, numerous stomata, air spaces in mesophyll, xylem
- Small surface area, thick, over-lapping, few stomata, no air spaces in mesophyll, no xylem