- Created by: SabrinaKN
- Created on: 07-04-18 14:42
1. What does numinous mean ?
- It is an adjective meaning 'relating to the power (or presence) of a deity'
- Meaning relating to angels
- A full comprehension of the Bible
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a key feature of intellectual visions?
- There is no image . They are mystical visions and those who experience these claim to see things as they really are.
- They are a form of empirical religious experience.
- The experiencer has no power to direct te experience, a sign it comes from God.
3. Which scholar said that religious experiences are an ecounter with the Holy
- William James
- Rudolph Otto
- St. Aquinas
4. What is an example of an imaginative vision?
- Berndadette Soubirous at Lourdes
- Josephs's dream (Matthew 2:13-15)
- St Teresa of Avila
5. Our feelings about the numinous are sui generis but what does this mean?
- Of their own kind
- Given by God
- Inspired by the Holy Spirit