1. Our feelings about the numinous are sui generis but what does this mean?
- Inspired by the Holy Spirit
- Of their own kind
- Given by God
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What kind of vision did Bernadette Soubirous have at Lourdes and why is it classed as this type ?
- Intellectual because it was mystical and she could not describe it using ordinary langauge
- Corporeal because she saw the physical body of Mary which was accompanied by voices and by visions of light
- Imaginative because she had no power to direct the vision
3. What is the difference between imaginative and corporeal visions?
- In imaginative visions the experiencer has no power to direct the experience but in corporeal visions they can interact with what is seen and heard to some extent
- In corporeal visions the experiencer has no power to direct the experience but in imaginative ones they can to a certain extent
4. What does numinous mean ?
- It is an adjective meaning 'relating to the power (or presence) of a deity'
- Meaning relating to angels
- A full comprehension of the Bible
5. What does Otto say recognises the numinous?
- A special faculty in our minds that recognises the holy .
- The soul
- The heart