1. What does James see God as ?
- Likely,temporal and finite because he interacts with us in time, does not have to be a single entity but could be a collection of god-like selves
- Transcendent and infinite
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What kind of vision did Bernadette Soubirous have at Lourdes and why is it classed as this type ?
- Intellectual because it was mystical and she could not describe it using ordinary langauge
- Corporeal because she saw the physical body of Mary which was accompanied by voices and by visions of light
- Imaginative because she had no power to direct the vision
3. What is an example of an imaginative vision?
- Josephs's dream (Matthew 2:13-15)
- St Teresa of Avila
- Berndadette Soubirous at Lourdes
4. What is the difference between imaginative and corporeal visions?
- In imaginative visions the experiencer has no power to direct the experience but in corporeal visions they can interact with what is seen and heard to some extent
- In corporeal visions the experiencer has no power to direct the experience but in imaginative ones they can to a certain extent
5. Though statistics vary , around how many people will have a religious experience in their lifetime?