1. Who called conscience the 'voice of God'?
- St Paul
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Humanistic Conscience - has 'an intuitive knowledge of what is human and inhuman, what is conductive to life and what is destructive of life'
3. Who said, of the Gentiles 'God's law is written in their heart, for their own conscience and thought either accuse them or tell them they are doing right'
- Jesus in the Gospels Luke and Matthew
- Paul in Romans 2:15
- Peter in 1 Peter 2:12
4. Authoritarian conscience - we internalise rules of external authorities feel guilt for breaking them, and become more submissive to the authority.
5. What contribution did Piaget make to the debate on conscience?
- The conscience can never lead us to make bad choices
- Piaget saw it as a unhealthy thing that preventing us from developing
- We can study the way the conscience develops over time, noting four phases and stages
- The conscience is evidence that humans must have been created by God
Similar Ethics resources: