1. What contribution did Piaget make to the debate on conscience?
- The conscience can never lead us to make bad choices
- Piaget saw it as a unhealthy thing that preventing us from developing
- We can study the way the conscience develops over time, noting four phases and stages
- The conscience is evidence that humans must have been created by God
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which Theologian taught that conscience is an intuition?
- St Paul
3. Humanistic Conscience - has 'an intuitive knowledge of what is human and inhuman, what is conductive to life and what is destructive of life'
4. Who said, of the Gentiles 'God's law is written in their heart, for their own conscience and thought either accuse them or tell them they are doing right'
- Paul in Romans 2:15
- Jesus in the Gospels Luke and Matthew
- Peter in 1 Peter 2:12
5. Aquinas used the concept of Synderesis. What did he mean by this?
- The ability to balance self interest against the needs of others
- Deriving secondary precepts and applying them to real situations
- The ability to grasp our ultimate human nature, to know the primary precepts
- Synderesis means that people sin sometimes, through ignorance
Similar Ethics resources: