1. Aquinas used the concept of Synderesis. What did he mean by this?
- The ability to grasp our ultimate human nature, to know the primary precepts
- Synderesis means that people sin sometimes, through ignorance
- The ability to balance self interest against the needs of others
- Deriving secondary precepts and applying them to real situations
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who called conscience the 'voice of God'?
- St Paul
3. Who said 'I shall drink to my conscience, and then the Pope'?
- St Paul
4. 'Conscience is our natural guide, it is assigned to us by the Author of our nature: it is our duty to walk in that path, and follow this guide'
5. Who said, of the Gentiles 'God's law is written in their heart, for their own conscience and thought either accuse them or tell them they are doing right'
- Peter in 1 Peter 2:12
- Paul in Romans 2:15
- Jesus in the Gospels Luke and Matthew
Similar Ethics resources: