1. What contribution did Piaget make to the debate on conscience?
- The conscience can never lead us to make bad choices
- Piaget saw it as a unhealthy thing that preventing us from developing
- We can study the way the conscience develops over time, noting four phases and stages
- The conscience is evidence that humans must have been created by God
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Aquinas used the concept of Synderesis. What did he mean by this?
- The ability to grasp our ultimate human nature, to know the primary precepts
- Deriving secondary precepts and applying them to real situations
- Synderesis means that people sin sometimes, through ignorance
- The ability to balance self interest against the needs of others
3. Who said 'I shall drink to my conscience, and then the Pope'?
- St Paul
4. 'Conscience is our natural guide, it is assigned to us by the Author of our nature: it is our duty to walk in that path, and follow this guide'
5. Authoritarian conscience - we internalise rules of external authorities feel guilt for breaking them, and become more submissive to the authority.
Similar Ethics resources: