1. Aquinas used the concept of Synderesis. What did he mean by this?
- Deriving secondary precepts and applying them to real situations
- The ability to grasp our ultimate human nature, to know the primary precepts
- The ability to balance self interest against the needs of others
- Synderesis means that people sin sometimes, through ignorance
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who said, of the Gentiles 'God's law is written in their heart, for their own conscience and thought either accuse them or tell them they are doing right'
- Peter in 1 Peter 2:12
- Paul in Romans 2:15
- Jesus in the Gospels Luke and Matthew
3. Authoritarian conscience - we internalise rules of external authorities feel guilt for breaking them, and become more submissive to the authority.
4. Humanistic Conscience - has 'an intuitive knowledge of what is human and inhuman, what is conductive to life and what is destructive of life'
5. Who said 'I shall drink to my conscience, and then the Pope'?
- St Paul
Similar Ethics resources: