1. If you suspect organophosphate poisoning, which drug should be given ASAP (within 10 mins)?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Botulinum toxin work?
- It blocks the sodium channels involved in propagating the nerve impulse
- It blocks the release of ACh
- It blocks the calcium channels involved in propagating the nerve impulse
- It blocks the action of AChE in breaking down ACh in the synaptic cleft
3. What emergency procedure is carried out on someone with organophosphate poisoning
- Lumbar puncture
- Artificial respiration
- Brain surgery
4. Both Vecuronium and Suxamethonium are metabolised, but they differ in their method of clearance. How is Suxamethonium cleared?
- Passed out in faeces
- Plasma Cholinesterase
- Liver metabolism & voided in urine
5. Which of the following enzymes break down suxamethonium?
- Suxamethonium Cholinesterases
- Plasma Cholinesterases
- Acetyl Cholinesterases