1. What is Vecuronium commonly used for?
- Blood vessel relaxation (treatment of hypertension)
- Muscle relaxation (anaesthesia)
- Sphincter relaxation (laxative)
- Prevent heart attacks (beta blocker)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Although Botulinum toxin is used cosmetically, what disease is it also used to help manage symptoms?
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
3. What emergency procedure is carried out on someone with organophosphate poisoning
- Artificial respiration
- Brain surgery
- Lumbar puncture
4. What is the mechanism of action of a large number of local anaesthetics?
- They block the release of ACh by breaking down the ACh vesicles whilst they are still in the pre-synaptic knob
- They block the sodium channels involved in propagating the nerve impulse
- They block the action of AChE in breaking down ACh in the synaptic cleft
- They block the calcium channels involved in propagating the nerve impulse
5. With regards to Vecuronium, complete the equation: Degree of Blockade =
- Concentration of ACh/Concentration of Vecuronium
- Concentration of Vecuronium/Concentration of ACh
- Concentration of Vecuronium x Concentration of ACh
- Concentration of ACh x Concentration of Vecuronium