1. What emergency procedure is carried out on someone with organophosphate poisoning
- Lumbar puncture
- Artificial respiration
- Brain surgery
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do organophosphates cause respiratory paralysis?
- Causes the explosion of all NMJs in the lungs
- Bind irreversibly to AChE, preventing breakdown of ACh at NMJ
- Causes release of too much ACh at the NMJ
- Prevents release of ACh vesicles from the pre-synaptic knob
3. Identify the symptom most commonly assoicated with organophosphate poisoning.
- Increased urine output
- Bursting eyeballs
- Respiratory muscle paralysis
4. If you suspect organophosphate poisoning, which drug should be given ASAP (within 10 mins)?
5. Does a Mini End Plate Potential (MEPP) cause a muscle twitch?