1. Why do some Historians believe this to be true and not just hyperbole?
- Pericles was a very shrewd politician who was capable of such a trick.
- Pericles said so in his will
- Aristophanes was just a cool dude who didn't use Hyperbole at all
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was this person and Pericles accused of Hybris (comparing oneself to the Gods)
- He sculpted some of the figures on her shield in the likeness of himself and Pericles
- He carved his and Pericles names into statues
- He sacrificied an animal to themselves instead of a God
3. In the Acharnians, what is Pericles accused of for starting the war?
- His mistress Aspasia was being dragged into disrepute over the stealing of two of her prostitutes by the Megarians
- He wanted to get complete power over Sparta so he could assert his dominance
4. What happened to him because of this?
- He was prosecuted
- He was killed
- He was fired by Pericles
5. Who did Pericles employ to sculpture it?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: