1. Why was this person and Pericles accused of Hybris (comparing oneself to the Gods)
- He sacrificied an animal to themselves instead of a God
- He sculpted some of the figures on her shield in the likeness of himself and Pericles
- He carved his and Pericles names into statues
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened to him because of this?
- He was fired by Pericles
- He was prosecuted
- He was killed
3. What is a quotation that can back this up?
- 'and so before anything could happen to him' - Hermes
- 'die, die, die.' - Leader
4. What was this used for?
- To honour Athens' patron goddess and to commemorate the recent Greek victory over the Persians.
- To be the primary place of worship and healing for Athenians
5. Why do some Historians believe this to be true and not just hyperbole?
- Aristophanes was just a cool dude who didn't use Hyperbole at all
- Pericles was a very shrewd politician who was capable of such a trick.
- Pericles said so in his will
Similar Classical Civilization resources: