1. Why was this person and Pericles accused of Hybris (comparing oneself to the Gods)
- He sculpted some of the figures on her shield in the likeness of himself and Pericles
- He carved his and Pericles names into statues
- He sacrificied an animal to themselves instead of a God
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Hermes imply Pericles wanted to do when the Megarian Decree was issued?
- Distract any bad attention on himself by issuing it
- Have an excuse to kill Spartans
3. Why do some Historians believe this to be true and not just hyperbole?
- Pericles was a very shrewd politician who was capable of such a trick.
- Pericles said so in his will
- Aristophanes was just a cool dude who didn't use Hyperbole at all
4. Who did Athens/Pericles bribe to go to war?
- 'they plotted against you and went and bribed the Spartan leaders to go to war'
- 'they plotted against you and went and bribed the Megarian leaders to go to war'
- 'they plotted against you and went and bribed the Boetian leaders to go to war'
5. Who did Pericles employ to sculpture it?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: