1. Why was this person and Pericles accused of Hybris (comparing oneself to the Gods)
- He sacrificied an animal to themselves instead of a God
- He sculpted some of the figures on her shield in the likeness of himself and Pericles
- He carved his and Pericles names into statues
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did Pericles employ to sculpture it?
3. Why do some Historians believe this to be true and not just hyperbole?
- Pericles was a very shrewd politician who was capable of such a trick.
- Pericles said so in his will
- Aristophanes was just a cool dude who didn't use Hyperbole at all
4. What was Pericles responsible for making?
5. What does Hermes imply Pericles wanted to do when the Megarian Decree was issued?
- Distract any bad attention on himself by issuing it
- Have an excuse to kill Spartans
Similar Classical Civilization resources: