1. Who gave many police the day off when the freedom rides visited and where?
- Kennedy in Washington
- Eugene 'Bull' Connor in Birmingham
- Laurie Pritchett in Albany
- Mayor Daley in Chicago
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who ordered the schools to be closed instead of being desegregated in Little Rock?
- Orval Faubus
- Earl Warren
- J. Stom Thurmond
3. How many people completed the Selma March?
4. How much news coverage did the soviets dedicate to the Birmingham campaign?
- two fifths
- One fith
- A quarter
5. What year were the freedom rides?