1. Intercostal muscles.....
- Is where gaseous exchange takes place
- Is a sheet of muscle dividing the chest cavity and the abdominal cavity
- Are found between the ribs contracting and relaxing in the breathing process
- Are tiny air sacks of which there are millions in the lungs.
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tidal volume is....
- the amount you breath in and out in one normal breath
- how many breaths you take per minute
- the volume of air you breath in one minute
- the maximum volume of air you can breath out after breathing in as much as you can
3. What is the muscles between the two chambers called?
- Vena cava
4. What percentage of nitrogen is in inhaled air?
- 17 %
- Have one way valves called venous valves to prevent back flow caused by gravity
- Have 3 layers ~ endothelium, smooth tissue, connective tissue
- Have smooth muscular walls
- closely interact with tissues
Similar Physical Education resources: