1. why is there so much unemployment in the area?
- because easington colliery (mine) closed taking away 1400 jobs as the government decided to import coal from overseas
- oliver carr
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what are the features of the CBD?
- historical sites(st.nicholas cathedral/grainger town),shopping area(eldon square),recreational district(the gate),office areas(top quayside),transport hubs (metro central station),quasi retailing(banks/building societies)
- historical sites/
3. what are main competitors of the CBD ?
- out of town shopping(metrocentre) and online shopping(ebay/amazon)
- o.o.t.s. and o.s..
4. what are the successes of the regeneration scheme?
- it attracted £174 million worth in investments from private investors/it boosted the local economy/ it created lots of employment opportunities/ it united the cities of newcastle and gateshead/it tackled effectively problems such as social exclusions
5. what is getthoisation?
- the process of becoming a ghetto, an isolated and underprivilidge
- an area in which the majority of the area are students
Similar Geography resources: