1. Who finds a general erosion in class voting across 20 advanced industrial economies and what fraction decrease?
- Nieuwbeerta & De Graaf - almost 1/2 in Britain, Sweden and Australia and almost 2/3 in Gernamy
- Dalton - almost 1/2 in Britain, Sweden and Australia and almost 2/3 in Gernamy
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who distinguishes between insiders and outsiders in the labour force and presents this distinction as a challenge to social democratic parties?
3. Who says 'almost all of the countries we have studied show a decline in the ability of social cleavages to structure individual voting choice'?
- Frankin et al.
4. Who says that Downs' median voter theorem works for a two party system but fails to account for 'issue entrepreneurship'?
5. Which of the following is not a factor used by Dalton to explain the decline in sociological model of voting behaviour?
- top down party policy choices to reflect the changing social bases of support
- ties between individuals and groups have weakened
- rise of the middle classes
- cognitive mobilization (voters no longer rely on social cues)