1. Who says 'almost all of the countries we have studied show a decline in the ability of social cleavages to structure individual voting choice'?
- Frankin et al.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that 'even when economic issues become salient in contemporary electoral campaigns, these are less often framed in class terms'?
3. Which of the following is not a factor used by Dalton to explain the decline in sociological model of voting behaviour?
- rise of the middle classes
- ties between individuals and groups have weakened
- cognitive mobilization (voters no longer rely on social cues)
- top down party policy choices to reflect the changing social bases of support
4. Who distinguishes between insiders and outsiders in the labour force and presents this distinction as a challenge to social democratic parties?
5. Who finds a general erosion in class voting across 20 advanced industrial economies and what fraction decrease?
- Nieuwbeerta & De Graaf - almost 1/2 in Britain, Sweden and Australia and almost 2/3 in Gernamy
- Dalton - almost 1/2 in Britain, Sweden and Australia and almost 2/3 in Gernamy