1. Which of the following is not a component of an electoral system?
- district magnitude
- Number of parties
- electoral formula
- electoral rules
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says 'a party is not a community but a collection of communities'?
3. Who says the new parties now emerge by finding a new policy dimension (immigration/environment)?
4. Which of the following is not a cleavage in Lipset and Rokkan's theory?
- church v state
- agriculture v industry
- employer v agricultural worker
- lord v peasant
- centre v periphery
5. Which of the following is not a reason for declining party membership?
- greater appeal of social movements
- increase in corruption
- loosening of the bond with trade unions
- decay of local electioneering
- rise of extremist parties
- weakening of social cleavages