1. Who says that two opposition parties may be further away from each other than the government?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a reason for declining party membership?
- rise of extremist parties
- greater appeal of social movements
- increase in corruption
- decay of local electioneering
- weakening of social cleavages
- loosening of the bond with trade unions
3. To whom does the frozen cleavages idea belong?
- Lipset and Rokkan
- Lijphart and Rose
4. Why does Duverger believe that FPTP leads to two party systems and PR to multiparty systems?
- problems of math and wasted vote syndrome
- more choice equals more parties emerging
5. Which of the following is not a component of an electoral system?
- electoral formula
- district magnitude
- Number of parties
- electoral rules