1. Which of the following is not a reason for declining party membership?
- decay of local electioneering
- weakening of social cleavages
- greater appeal of social movements
- increase in corruption
- rise of extremist parties
- loosening of the bond with trade unions
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says that 'it has already been shown that there exists no centre opinion...tendency... doctrine separate in any kind from the doctrines of the right or left- but only a dilution of their doctrines'?
3. Who says that even parties committed to democracy become dominated by a ruling elite?
4. Which of the following is not a problem raised by public funding of parties?
- gives government a device for influencing parties
- reduces incentives to attract members
- costs the electorate too much
- tends to reinforce the status quo
5. Who says 'a party is not a community but a collection of communities'?