1. Who argues that both parties have become more nationalised because they are constituents of the national party and because regional disparities in electoral success have been decreasing?
- Huckshorn et al 1986
- Freeman 1986
- Gibson et al 1983
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many states are solid red as of Feb 2016?
3. What percent of voters in 2000 did not know that Bush was more conservative than Gore?
4. Who asserts that party leaders control the legislative agenda, suppressing proposals that might split the party and promoting the party program, creating a 'brand name' valuable for winning elections?
- King and Smith
- Coz and McCubbins
- Reay and Lucey
5. What do Layman and Carsey call the increasing polarization of parties on newer 'cultural' issues due to the influence of party activists?
- conflict extension
- issue inclusion