1. Who argues that 'candidates, not parties, are the major focus of congressional campaigns'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which state is the party choice the nominee, unless challenged by someone with 20% of the convention or caucus vote or a petition with a significant number of signatures?
3. What do Bawn et al. call it when politicians exploit the complexities of politics, knowing that voters cannot reasonably ascertain all policy positions?
- electoral blind spot
- conditional party government
4. Which state is the most Republican?
5. Which states are the most Democratic?
- Hawaii and Vermont
- Alaska and New Hampshire