1. Who argues that the flow of power goes in different directions in the two parties, with a downflow from the highly socially homogenous elites in the Rep party and upwards with the inculsion of multiple groups in Dem.?
- Freeman 1986
- Gibson 1983
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do Bawn et al. call it when politicians exploit the complexities of politics, knowing that voters cannot reasonably ascertain all policy positions?
- electoral blind spot
- conditional party government
3. Who argues that in the Cook Country Democratic Party in Chicago, the endorsement of the Daley organisation, run by two generations of mayors of Chicago has been tantamount to nomination for all levels of public office?
4. What percent of congressional incumbents are re-elected?
5. Who argues that voters appear polarized because the political arena offers mainly polarized choices but that voter preferences remain moderate?