1. Which Historians pioneered the idea the Parliament was controlled by the Privy Council
- John Foxe - Orthodox
- John Guy and Patrick Collinson - Post Revisionists
- Norman Jones - Revisionists
- Geoffrey Elton - Revisionists
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. traditionally what is the main function of Parliament?
- raising taxes and passing subsidies
- Approving new laws
- advising the queen
3. In 1571 Wentworth spoke on the common's privilege - what happened?
- received widespread support - particularly in the commons
- Elizabeth interevened and sent him to the tower
- was stopped midflow and sent to the tower by the commons
- was sent to the tower by parliament
4. what proportion of seats in the House of Commons were controlled by the House of Lords?
5. Neale pointed out a group known as the Puritan choir - how many members did it contain?