1. Elizabeth passed a bill to exclude Mary from the succession in 1572
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Queen had the power to prorogue Parliament - when was the longest period she prorogued for
- 1563 - 1568
3. How many seats did Essex control in the 1580s?
4. William Strickland was arrested in 1571 - why
- heresy and treason- presented a bull of papal excommunication
- spoke out against the queen
- impinging on the royal prerogative (wanted to reform the canon law and prayer book)
- impinging on the royal prerogative (asked to debate succession)
5. How many times did Elizabeth use her veto due to flaws in drafting?