1. When did Walsingham try to organise a conference with bishops after failing to get Whitgift's suspensions lifted through Parliament?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The commons grew in this period, by how much?
- 412 to 530 seats
- 400 seats to 462 seats
- 350 to 487 seats
3. Parliament tried to use public pressure to influence the queen when was this seen?
- 1586 Huge petitions to replace the Prayer Book with the Book of Discipline
- 15746 - petition to remove Wentworth from the tower of London
- 1581 Anti- Catholic legislation
- 1584 petitions against whitgifts suspensions
4. How many times did Elizabeth ask for a subsidy?
5. traditionally what is the main function of Parliament?
- raising taxes and passing subsidies
- Approving new laws
- advising the queen