1. The commons grew in this period, by how much?
- 400 seats to 462 seats
- 350 to 487 seats
- 412 to 530 seats
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. traditionally what is the main function of Parliament?
- raising taxes and passing subsidies
- Approving new laws
- advising the queen
3. Elizabeth is praised for her political skill in managing Parliament by which group of historians?
- Orthodox and revisionists
- revisionists + post revisionists
- post revisionists
4. What is often seen as Parliaments greatest success?
- an increase in political skill
- getting Elizabeth to sign Norfolk death warrant in 1572
- getting her to discuss the succession
- getting Elizabeth to sign Norfolk and MQS' death warrants in 1572
5. What did Dr Turner try to introduce in 1584 which was so controversial
- a revised Prayer Book and Genevan Service
- A revised prayer book
- Genevan services
- the alphabet bills