1. In 1571 Wentworth spoke on the common's privilege - what happened?
- was stopped midflow and sent to the tower by the commons
- Elizabeth interevened and sent him to the tower
- was sent to the tower by parliament
- received widespread support - particularly in the commons
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what proportion of seats in the House of Commons were controlled by the House of Lords?
3. petitions asking for the queen to allow the debate of the succession (organised by the Privy Council) were introduced when?
- 1566 and 1567
- 1566 and 1571
4. the enfranchisement of the boroughs led to what?
- more government control over parliament
- an increasing amount of trained gentry sitting in Parliament
- more seats
5. Which Historians pioneered the idea the Parliament was controlled by the Privy Council
- John Guy and Patrick Collinson - Post Revisionists
- John Foxe - Orthodox
- Geoffrey Elton - Revisionists
- Norman Jones - Revisionists