1. How many times did Elizabeth use her veto solely due to her own wishes?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. petitions asking for the queen to allow the debate of the succession (organised by the Privy Council) were introduced when?
- 1566 and 1567
- 1566 and 1571
3. Who argued that Elizabeth never thought about not having Parliament?
- revisionist and post revisionist
- post revisionist
4. Elizabeth used speeches as a method of control, when was her famous golden speech and what did she say?
- 1586: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
- 1587: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
- 1601: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
- 1601: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
5. Elizabeth passed a bill to exclude Mary from the succession in 1572