1. the enfranchisement of the boroughs led to what?
- an increasing amount of trained gentry sitting in Parliament
- more seats
- more government control over parliament
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which members of the Privy Council intervened to help with Religious legislation
- Walsingham, Knollys, Mildmay, Norton
- Walsingham, Knollys, Mildmay, Norton and Burghley
- Walsingham, Knollys and Mildmay
3. Parliament tried to use public pressure to influence the queen when was this seen?
- 1584 petitions against whitgifts suspensions
- 1586 Huge petitions to replace the Prayer Book with the Book of Discipline
- 1581 Anti- Catholic legislation
- 15746 - petition to remove Wentworth from the tower of London
4. Neale pointed out a group known as the Puritan choir - how many members did it contain?
5. When did Wentworth speak out about freedom of speech
- 1567, 1571 and 1576
- 1567, 1571, 1576 and 1586
- 1567, 1571
- 1571, 1576 and 1586