1. When did Wentworth speak out about freedom of speech
- 1571, 1576 and 1586
- 1567, 1571, 1576 and 1586
- 1567, 1571 and 1576
- 1567, 1571
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. the enfranchisement of the boroughs led to what?
- an increasing amount of trained gentry sitting in Parliament
- more seats
- more government control over parliament
3. Parliament did attempt to use the subsidy as a political tool - when
- 1567 (Elizabeth remitted 1/3) and 1586
- 1586 (Parliament offered an increased subsidy if Elizabeth agreed to rule the Netherlands)
- 1569 (Elizabeth remitted 1/3)
- 1586 (Parliament offered to increase the subsidy if she agreed to discuss the succession)
4. Why did the Queen Prorogue Parliament in 1576?
- Elizabeth needed to 'lose' a bill demanding MQS' execution
- Elizabeth didn't want to deal with a petition to marry
- Elizabeth was forced to accept a well worded petition on the succession
- Elizabeth blocked attempts at religious reform
5. which was the shortest parliamentary session?