1. Elizabeth is praised for her political skill in managing Parliament by which group of historians?
- post revisionists
- Orthodox and revisionists
- revisionists + post revisionists
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argued that Elizabeth never thought about not having Parliament?
- post revisionist
- revisionist and post revisionist
3. When did Walsingham try to organise a conference with bishops after failing to get Whitgift's suspensions lifted through Parliament?
4. Elizabeth used speeches as a method of control, when was her famous golden speech and what did she say?
- 1601: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
- 1587: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
- 1601: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
- 1586: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
5. Why did the Queen Prorogue Parliament in 1576?
- Elizabeth needed to 'lose' a bill demanding MQS' execution
- Elizabeth was forced to accept a well worded petition on the succession
- Elizabeth blocked attempts at religious reform
- Elizabeth didn't want to deal with a petition to marry