1. What did Dr Turner try to introduce in 1584 which was so controversial
- a revised Prayer Book and Genevan Service
- A revised prayer book
- Genevan services
- the alphabet bills
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. the enfranchisement of the boroughs led to what?
- more government control over parliament
- an increasing amount of trained gentry sitting in Parliament
- more seats
3. Elizabeth used speeches as a method of control, when was her famous golden speech and what did she say?
- 1587: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
- 1601: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
- 1586: "there is no Prince who loves his subjects better"
- 1601: "Queen and Parliament must work together for our nation"
4. How many seats did Essex control in the 1580s?
5. Which members of the Privy Council intervened to help with Religious legislation
- Walsingham, Knollys, Mildmay, Norton and Burghley
- Walsingham, Knollys and Mildmay
- Walsingham, Knollys, Mildmay, Norton