1. Which of these is an attempt to control for participant variables in an independent groups design?
- Random allocation
- Control condition
- Demand characteristics
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which would not be associated with an effective behavioural category?
3. Which one is not usually a strength of a lab experiment?
- Replication is possible
- High external validity
- Precise control of variables
- Establishes cause and effect
4. A high standard deviation might indicate:
- A widely spread set of data
- A high mean
- A low dispersion
- A repeated measures design
5. Which is not a difference between a correlation and an experiment?
- There is no control of extraneous variables in a correlation
- Experiments take place in a lab, correlations do not
- You can't identify casual relationships in a correlation
- Unlike experiments, there is no IV or DV in an experiment