1. What evidence showed that colour perception was affected by top-down processes?
- Participants overestimated the extent to turn a banana grey, and added significantly more blue
- Participants added the exact amount to turn an image o banana grey
- At the coarse level, there are little colour discrimination differences between cultures
- Static images induced activity in the motion area hMT
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many colour terms in different languages were identified by Berlin & Kay (1969)?
3. What are the 3 R's?
- Replacement, refinement, reduction
- Run, rock, roll
- Replacement, reduction, removal
- Refinement, reduction, recede
4. What explanation is there for the right visual field advantage in colour discrimination?
- Colour is processed in the left hemisphere
- Language is processed in the right hemisphere
- Language is processed in the left hemisphere
- Colour is processed in the right hemisphere
5. What is macular degeneration?
- Failure of the fovea (decay of the cone photoreceptors in the fovea)
- Damage to higher cortical areas of the visual system
- Failure of the peripheral retina
- Damage to the area of V1 receiving projections from the fovea