1. What is macular degeneration?
- Damage to the area of V1 receiving projections from the fovea
- Damage to higher cortical areas of the visual system
- Failure of the fovea (decay of the cone photoreceptors in the fovea)
- Failure of the peripheral retina
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the cost of dementia in Europe?
- €798 billion pa
- €430 billion pa
- €110 billion pa
- €13 billion pa
3. Patients were asked to imagine doing what, in order to determine patients with 'locked in syndrome'?
- Playing tennis
- Playing frisbee
- Running along a beach
- Dancing the waltz
4. What were the results of Winawer et al. (2007)?
- Russian speakers were faster than English speakers at making colour discrimination judgements, except when there was verbal interference
- English speakers were consistently faster than Russian speakers are making colour discrimination judgements in all conditions
- Russian speakers were consistently faster than English speakers at making colour discrimination judgements in all conditions
- Russian speakers were faster than English speakers at making colour discrimination judgements, except when the colours were across categories
5. What evidence showed that colour perception was affected by top-down processes?
- Participants added the exact amount to turn an image o banana grey
- At the coarse level, there are little colour discrimination differences between cultures
- Participants overestimated the extent to turn a banana grey, and added significantly more blue
- Static images induced activity in the motion area hMT