1. How many colour terms in different languages were identified by Berlin & Kay (1969)?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is macular degeneration?
- Damage to higher cortical areas of the visual system
- Failure of the fovea (decay of the cone photoreceptors in the fovea)
- Damage to the area of V1 receiving projections from the fovea
- Failure of the peripheral retina
3. Which animal is NOT part of the protected species act?
- A lobster
- A primate
- An octopus
- An amphibian that can feed independently
4. What is the cost of dementia in Europe?
- €110 billion pa
- €13 billion pa
- €798 billion pa
- €430 billion pa
5. What is the hypothesis of the weak form of the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis?
- Language and thought are independent
- Language constrains thought
- Langauge primes thought
- Language alters perception