1. How did herschel discover infrared radiation?
- Herschel discovered IR by measuring the tempreature past the red region that you couldn't see and found out that it was hotter than red.
- Used photographic paper, prism, and sunlight to setup an experiment.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain what redshift is
- When the light is shifted towards the red end of the spectrum
- When light is shifted
3. What happens to a light ray as it travels from air into water at an angle?
- The light ray is refracted when entering the water therefore changing the direction.
- The light ray is reflected.
- The light ray bends
4. Give an example of a longitudinal wave.
- All other EM waves.
- Sound and ultrasound
5. What happens when UV light shines on a fluroscent lamp
- uses UV radiation to emit visible light. They're safe to use as all the UV radiation is absorbed by a phosphor coating on the inside of the glass
- mark your property with your name - Security pens
- disinfective water