1. List 5 uses of infrared radiation around the home.
- Cooking, Remote controls, Mobile phones, Security systems, computers.
- Security Pens.
- Fluorescnet lamps
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when UV light shines on a fluroscent lamp
- disinfective water
- uses UV radiation to emit visible light. They're safe to use as all the UV radiation is absorbed by a phosphor coating on the inside of the glass
- mark your property with your name - Security pens
3. Give an example of a transverse wave.
- An example of a transwerse wave would be Light and all other EM waves.
4. Explain what redshift is
- When the light is shifted towards the red end of the spectrum
- When light is shifted
5. What happens to a light ray as it travels from air into water at an angle?
- The light ray bends
- The light ray is refracted when entering the water therefore changing the direction.
- The light ray is reflected.