1. Why are houses in hot countries often painted white ?
- They reflect heat and sun
- They absorb heat and sun
- It makes them look pretty
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does the temperature of an object affect the rate at which it emits infared radiation ?
- The higher the temperature the greater it emits infared.
- The Lower the temperature the greater it emits infared.
3. Where does convection occur ?
4. Why does a fluid become less dense when heated ?
- this is because you loose energy
- this is because it expand so same amount of mass but in a larger volume
- this is because some of the water evaporates
5. Why does a solid have a fixed volume ?
- All the particles are held together in fixed positions
- Solid particles move around so the volume stays the same
- Solids don't move and they are hard