1. Why are houses in hot countries often painted white ?
- They reflect heat and sun
- They absorb heat and sun
- It makes them look pretty
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the best colour for central heating radiator ?
- Dull White
- Glossy Black
- Dull Black
- Glossy White
3. Why is a painted object dull black colour better for absorbing energy
- A dull black colour absorbs energy much quicker
- It slowly absorbs energy
4. Why does a fluid become less dense when heated ?
- this is because you loose energy
- this is because it expand so same amount of mass but in a larger volume
- this is because some of the water evaporates
5. Why does a solid have a fixed volume ?
- Solids don't move and they are hard
- All the particles are held together in fixed positions
- Solid particles move around so the volume stays the same