1. How does the temperature of an object affect the rate at which it emits infared radiation ?
- The higher the temperature the greater it emits infared.
- The Lower the temperature the greater it emits infared.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why are saucepans often made of metal with wooden handles ?
- Metal is a good conduction of heat so can heat up the food quickly & the wooden handle is a poor conductor of heat so you don't burn yourself
- The metal is a good conductor of heat and so is wood so it cooks your food quicker
- Metal is a bad conductor of heat so less likely to burn yourself
3. Why does a solid have a fixed volume ?
- All the particles are held together in fixed positions
- Solid particles move around so the volume stays the same
- Solids don't move and they are hard
4. Why is a painted object dull black colour better for absorbing energy
- A dull black colour absorbs energy much quicker
- It slowly absorbs energy
5. Why are houses in hot countries often painted white ?
- It makes them look pretty
- They reflect heat and sun
- They absorb heat and sun