1. Why does a fluid become less dense when heated ?
- this is because you loose energy
- this is because it expand so same amount of mass but in a larger volume
- this is because some of the water evaporates
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is a painted object dull black colour better for absorbing energy
- A dull black colour absorbs energy much quicker
- It slowly absorbs energy
3. Why are saucepans often made of metal with wooden handles ?
- Metal is a bad conductor of heat so less likely to burn yourself
- Metal is a good conduction of heat so can heat up the food quickly & the wooden handle is a poor conductor of heat so you don't burn yourself
- The metal is a good conductor of heat and so is wood so it cooks your food quicker
4. Where does convection occur ?
5. What is the best colour for central heating radiator ?
- Dull Black
- Glossy Black
- Glossy White
- Dull White