1. What does selectively/partially permeable mean?
- It lets nothing through
- It lets certain things through and keeps other out
- It lets everything through
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where does a water molecule have to hit the membrane to go through?
- A pore
- A solute molecule
3. What is osmosis?
- The diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- The diffusion of substances from an are of high concentration to an area of low concentration
4. In a concentrated solution, the cytoplasm of animal and plant cells will shrivel and they may die due to loss of water
5. No matter how much water moves in, the solution inside the cell will always be more concentrated than water