1. In a concentrated solution, the cytoplasm of animal and plant cells will shrivel and they may die due to loss of water
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. No matter how much water moves in, the solution inside the cell will always be more concentrated than water
3. Which direction do the water molecules move?
- From a low to high concentration
- From a high to low concentration
4. What happens to water in osmosis?
- The net movement is from a more dilute solution (with more water molecules) to a more concentrated solution (with less water molecules)
- The net movement is from a less dilute solution (with less water molecules) to a less concentrated solution (with more water molecules)
5. Eventually, which cell would burst because it does not have a strong cell wall?
- Animal cell
- Plant cell