1. What happens to water in osmosis?
- The net movement is from a more dilute solution (with more water molecules) to a more concentrated solution (with less water molecules)
- The net movement is from a less dilute solution (with less water molecules) to a less concentrated solution (with more water molecules)
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Eventually, which cell would burst because it does not have a strong cell wall?
- Animal cell
- Plant cell
3. What is osmosis?
- The diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- The diffusion of substances from an are of high concentration to an area of low concentration
4. What acts like a selectively permeable membrane and is often used to model osmosis in experiment?
- Visking tubing
- Filter paper
5. What is the net movement of the water?
- From the more dilute solution to the more concentrated solution where there is less water molecules
- From the more concentrated solution to the more dilute solution where there is more water molecules