1. What does selectively/partially permeable mean?
- It lets certain things through and keeps other out
- It lets everything through
- It lets nothing through
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. If a cell is placed in water, the net movement of the water will be...
- Into the cell
- Out of the cell
3. What is osmosis?
- The diffusion of water through a selectively permeable membrane
- The diffusion of substances from an are of high concentration to an area of low concentration
4. In a concentrated solution, the cytoplasm of animal and plant cells will shrivel and they may die due to loss of water
5. Which direction do the water molecules move?
- From a high to low concentration
- From a low to high concentration