1. Which is not a feature of Place? Whereby a geographical locale constructed through a variety of cultural and subjective meanings
- De-centred, global sense of place. Places are constituted by links to other places, not seen as ‘black boxes’
- Place has meaning. It is perceived, sensed, experienced and imagined
- Place can be flexible and change in varying scales dependent on the subject
- Place is continually emergent. Perceptions and understandings of a place change and transform
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a critique of the practical consequences of geographical research?
- Geographers task is to mobilize our powers of thought to formulate concepts and categories, theories and arguments, which we can apply to the task of bringing about a humanizing social change”
- It is too simplistic and relies heavily on theories
- Geography served the status quo and should subvert from the capitalist state
3. Which is not a feature of a short loan?
- You can not book a book you already have on loan
- 3 items may be on loan at a time
- Provided the book has not been requested, the book on the shelf may be borrowed 90 mins before and after the specified time
- Booking 2 weeks in advance
4. What does not make up the aims?
- Source any materials and use them how you like
- Educate yourself with academic staffs help
- Use formal english and critically evaluate
- Find where the edge of knowledge is and not where it was
5. Which is not a feature of Environment?
- Has changed as a concept over time from environmental determinism to issues of sustainability, policy making, climate change and natural resource management
- Natural and man made
- A naunced appraoch of both human perceptions and biophysical characteritcs that can be measured and how physical and human process enact upon the shape of the earths surface
Similar Geography resources: