1. What does Strabo hints about the profound discipline of geography?
- 'The great pleasure of science and arts of the world'
- 'The great problem of life and happiness'
- 'The great experience of exploration and travel'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a process of academic misconduct?
3. Who quoted that geography is linked to social life, art of government, celestial phenomena, aquaints us with the occupants of the land and ocean and the veg, fruit and peculiarities of various quarters of the earth?
- Roberts 1543 cited in Gregory
- Strabo 1912 cited in Cresswell 2013
- Carrol 1872 cited in Holden 2012
4. Which statement about the verbal puzzle is incorrect?
- If something did exist, we would not be able to comprehend it
- If we were able to comprehend it, we would not be able to communicate this to anyone
- No flaws
- Showed that philosophers could speak utter absurdity (Gottlieb 2000)
- Created by Gorgias the Nihilist
- Proved nothing exists
5. Which statement is incorrect about the timeline of ideas?
- BC/AD Jesus
- -60 Cleopatra dies
- 500 Fall of Roman Empire
- -380 Alexander the Great dies
- -150 Rome conquers Greece
- -400 Sparta defeats Athens
- -500 Greeks defeat Persians at Marathon