1. How would you reduce an aldehyde to form a primary alcohol?
- add conc HCl and tin
- add NaBH4 and methanol
- add NaBH4 and ethanol
- add NaBH4 and reflux
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the reaction conditions for alkaline hydrolysis?
- hot aqueous NaOH and reflux
- tin and conc HCl
- hot aqueous HCl and reflux
- hot water and reflux
3. How would you form the diazo group?
- React NaNO2 and HCl with an alicyclic amine under 10 degrees
- React HNO2 with an alicyclic amine under reflux
- React NaNO2 and HCl with an alicyclic amine under reflux
- React HNO3 with an alicyclic amine under 10 degrees
4. What conditions and reagents would you use for transesterification?
- conc NaBH4 and reflux
- methanol and KOH catalyst
- conc HCl and reflux
- methanol and NaOH catalyst
5. What are the conditions for a coupling reaction?
- aqueous alkaline conditions
- aqueous acidic conditions
- concentrated NaOH catalyst
- KOH catalyst and methanol