1. What are the reaction conditions and reagents for bromination of phenol?
- HBr + 50 degrees temp
- Bromine water, RTP
- HBr + RTP
- Bromine water, halogen carrier
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the conditions for a coupling reaction?
- KOH catalyst and methanol
- aqueous alkaline conditions
- concentrated NaOH catalyst
- aqueous acidic conditions
3. What are the reaction conditions for alkaline hydrolysis?
- tin and conc HCl
- hot aqueous HCl and reflux
- hot aqueous NaOH and reflux
- hot water and reflux
4. How would you carry out a test to distinguish a carboxylic acid from a ketone?
- Add solid carbonate - fizzing as CO2 given off = aldehyde/ketone
- Oxidise with K2Cr2O7/H2SO4 - colour change = carboxylic acid
- React with 2,4-DNPH, orange precipitate = aldehyde/ketone
- Heat gently with tollens reagent, silver mirror = carboxylic acid
5. What are the reaction conditions and reagents for esterification using acid anhydrides?
- concentrated HCl, heat gently
- concentrated H2SO4, heat under reflux
- concentrated HCl and tin