1. how can a carboxylic acid be made?
- by combusting and alchol
- by oxidising an alcohol
- by reducing an alcohol
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. how would ethanoic acid be differnt from ethane ?
- Higher boiling point
- lowing boiling point
- less reactive
3. which will be most soluble in water ?
- ethanoic acid
- hexanoic acid
4. what is produced when ethanoic acid reacts with
- magnesium and hydrogen
- magnesium oxide and ethane
- magnesium ethanoate and water and CO2
5. what two chemicals can be reacted together to form an ester?
- two carboxylic acids
- an alcohol and a carboxylic acid
- a carboxylic acid and alkali