1. Why is it interesting that the fight in the bunk-house between Curley and Lennie comes immediately after Candy's offer of money to help George and Lennie get their land?
- It intensifies the tragedy.
- It shows us how mean Curley can be, so we know that George and Lennie have enemies as well as friends at the ranch.
- It emphasises how strong Lennie is, so we know he'll work hard when they get the land.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. "He kept his distance and demanded that other people kept theirs."
3. ".. the meanness and the plannings and the discontent and the ache for attention were all gone from her face."
- Curley's Wife
4. "He stood crying, his fist lost in Lennie's paw."
5. "George wouldn't do nothing like that. He'll come back tonight."