1. Which of these quotes highlight Lennies weak (child like) behaviour?
- "A huge man, shapeless of pale, with large pale eyes"
- "I don't like this place, George. This ain't no good place"
- "Slowly like a terrier who doesn't want to bring a ball to his master, Lennie approached, drew back and approached again"
- "Suddenly Lennie's eyes centered and grew quiet, and mad"
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these quotes highlight Candy's insecurities about his security on the ranch?
- "He made no attempt to enter"
- "The swamper watched him until he was settled"
- "When they came here I wisht somebody'd shoot me. But they won't do nothing like that.I won't have no place to go an' I can't get no more jobs"
- "He was the master of the situation"
3. Which quote highlights the strain Lennie places on George?
- "I could get along so easy and nice if I didn't have you on my tail... maybe have a girl"
- "But I say he's a God damn good worker"
- "That Curley got his work cut out for him"
- "His eyes were hard"
4. Which character in the novel said this quote "George gonna say I done a bad thing, he ain't gonna let me tend no rabbits"
5. Which quote highlights the Crooks microcosm?
- "You got no right to come in my room"
- "It was difficult for Crooks to conceal his anger with pleasure"
- "Crooks seemed to grow smaller, and he pressed himself against the wall. yes ma'am"
- "Crooks was a proud, aloof man"
Similar English Literature resources: