1. Which of these quotes highlight Lennies weak (child like) behaviour?
- "A huge man, shapeless of pale, with large pale eyes"
- "I don't like this place, George. This ain't no good place"
- "Slowly like a terrier who doesn't want to bring a ball to his master, Lennie approached, drew back and approached again"
- "Suddenly Lennie's eyes centered and grew quiet, and mad"
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which quote highlights the Crooks microcosm?
- "Crooks seemed to grow smaller, and he pressed himself against the wall. yes ma'am"
- "It was difficult for Crooks to conceal his anger with pleasure"
- "Crooks was a proud, aloof man"
- "You got no right to come in my room"
3. Who is Steinbeck describing when he says "he held a crushed stetson hat under his arm"
- The Boss
4. Which quote represents the confinement in Curley's Wife's life?
- "Swell guy, ain't he?"
- "She stood still in the doorway, smiling a little at them"
- "Her hair hung in little rolled clusters, like sausages"
- "Her fingernails were red"
5. Who is introduced as violent through this quote "his hands closed into fists"
- The Boss
Similar English Literature resources: