1. Why is this significant? "Don't you remember Bill Tenner? Worked here about three months ago?"
- Whit is sentimental, and remembers people
- Whit is making it up to feel superior- Bill Tenner never worked there at all
- Shows that the ranch gets through so many workers, even Slim can't remember them all
- Shows Slim has a bad memory- he's older than he looks
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who is the first person to find Curley's wife's body?
3. In which chapter do we first meet Crooks?
4. Which character isn't in Chapter 2?
5. Why did Curley's wife not marry Curley?
- She was forced to
- She was desperate
- To rebel against her mother
- She was lonely