1. What is a covalent bond?
- the electrostatic attraction between ions with the same charge
- the electrostatic attraction between two oppositely charged ions
- a shared pair of electrons
- 1 shared electron
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What charge does the Sulfate SO4 ion carry?
3. What are Van Der Waals Forces?
- any intermolecular force
- electrostatic attraction between temporary dipoles and induced dipoles caused by movement of electrons in atoms and molecules.
- shared pair of electrons
- ionic attraction
4. How do the delocalised electrons in metallic bonding effect the melting point?
- They make the bonding between atoms weaker
- Because the shared pair of electrons create a strong intermolecular force
- The more electrons there are, the stronger the bonding will be and the higher the meling point because the positive metal ions will have more electrons to be attracted to
- They make the melting point lower because it stops the positive ions being attracted togther
5. What affects ionisation energy?
- distance from the nucleus, shielding and intermolecular forces
- nuclear charge, distance from nucleus and sheilding
- the shape and size of an atom
- only nuclear charge