1. What charge does the Sulfate SO4 ion carry?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do the delocalised electrons in metallic bonding effect the melting point?
- They make the bonding between atoms weaker
- The more electrons there are, the stronger the bonding will be and the higher the meling point because the positive metal ions will have more electrons to be attracted to
- They make the melting point lower because it stops the positive ions being attracted togther
- Because the shared pair of electrons create a strong intermolecular force
3. What are Van Der Waals Forces?
- ionic attraction
- shared pair of electrons
- electrostatic attraction between temporary dipoles and induced dipoles caused by movement of electrons in atoms and molecules.
- any intermolecular force
4. What are three characteristics that ionic compounds have (when in a giant ionic structure)?
- always conducts electricity, low boiling point, cannot dissolve in water
- conduct electricity when molten or dissolved, have high boiling points, dissolve in water
- dissolve in water, low boiling point, can not conduct electricity
- high boiling point, always conducts electricity and cannot dissolve in water
5. What is a covalent bond?
- a shared pair of electrons
- the electrostatic attraction between two oppositely charged ions
- 1 shared electron
- the electrostatic attraction between ions with the same charge