1. What is the equation for the second ionisation of oxygen?
- O+ (l) -> O2+ (g) + e- (s)
- O+ (g) -> O2+ (g) + e-
- O2- (g) -> O2+ (g) + H2O
- O2+ (g) -> O3+ (g) + e-
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What affects ionisation energy?
- nuclear charge, distance from nucleus and sheilding
- only nuclear charge
- the shape and size of an atom
- distance from the nucleus, shielding and intermolecular forces
3. What is dative covalent bonding?
- When there are less than 8 electrons in outer shell
- When both electrons come from one atom
- When there are more than 8 electrons in outer shell
- When atoms share more than one pair of electron e.g. in N2
4. What charge does the Sulfate SO4 ion carry?
5. What are Van Der Waals Forces?
- any intermolecular force
- electrostatic attraction between temporary dipoles and induced dipoles caused by movement of electrons in atoms and molecules.
- shared pair of electrons
- ionic attraction