1. What are Van Der Waals Forces?
- any intermolecular force
- ionic attraction
- electrostatic attraction between temporary dipoles and induced dipoles caused by movement of electrons in atoms and molecules.
- shared pair of electrons
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What charge does the Sulfate SO4 ion carry?
3. What is the definition of the first ionisation energy?
- a high attraction between the electron and the nucleus
- the energy needed to remove 1 electron from each atom in 1 mole of gaseous atoms to form one mole of gaseous 1+ ions.
- the energy needed to remove 1 electron from each ion in 1 mole of gaseous 1+ ions to form one mole of gaseous 2+ ions.
- the ability to remove all the electrons from the outer shell in an exothermic process
4. What is the equation for the second ionisation of oxygen?
- O+ (g) -> O2+ (g) + e-
- O2+ (g) -> O3+ (g) + e-
- O2- (g) -> O2+ (g) + H2O
- O+ (l) -> O2+ (g) + e- (s)
5. What is a covalent bond?
- a shared pair of electrons
- the electrostatic attraction between ions with the same charge
- the electrostatic attraction between two oppositely charged ions
- 1 shared electron