Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Can soy-based infant formula be given to a baby?
7. What percentage does a vegetarian diet provides energy as fat?
8. Does protein from plant sources contain high biological value or low biological value protein?
- Low biological value
- High biological value
9. Definition of lacto-ovo-vegetarian?
- All meat, fish and poultry are excluded but milk, milk products and eggs are consumed
- All foods of animal origin are excluded
- Milk and milk products are excluded but meat, fish and poultry are consumed
10. Is vitamin D only found in foods from animal origin?
11. The availability of calcium in some plant sources may be reduced by what?
- Energy, vitamin D
- Calcium and vitamin D
- Fibre, phytate and oxalate
- Oxalate, fat and fibre
12. What percentage of the UK population are vegetarian?
- Between 3 and 7%
- Between 7 and 14%
13. What 2 requirements need to be taken care of if an adolescent is a vegetarian?
- Iodine and vitamin B12
- Protein and sodium
- Protein and energy
- Iron and vitamin D