1. What is the function of lipids?
- Necessary for calcium absorption
- Provide energy, act as an energy store and provide insulation
- Aid the movement of food through the intestine
- Needed to prevent scoliosis of the spine
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of protein?
- Creation of bones and teeth, generating lost amounts of blood, stopping excess sweating
- Growth and repair, hormones(eg insulin), immune system, enzymes and to provide energy in emergencies
- To break down unnecessary cells and to find potentially cancerous cells before they turn cancerous
- To insulate the body
3. What is a lipid?
- Name of the small leaves underneath a plant's nectaries
- Fats and oils
- Aka vitamin D
4. Where can lipids be found?
- Oily fish
5. What is the function of carbohydrates?
- To create colour
- Needed for growth and repair of tissues in both humans and plants
- Quick energy (sugar), good for energy storage (starches) and for creating structure (cellulose or cell wall in plants)
- Insulation (in humans and animals) and to grow pollen in plants
Similar Biology resources: