1. What is a lipid?
- Fats and oils
- Aka vitamin D
- Name of the small leaves underneath a plant's nectaries
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where can carbohydrates be found?
3. What is the function of protein?
- Growth and repair, hormones(eg insulin), immune system, enzymes and to provide energy in emergencies
- Creation of bones and teeth, generating lost amounts of blood, stopping excess sweating
- To insulate the body
- To break down unnecessary cells and to find potentially cancerous cells before they turn cancerous
4. What is the function of lipids?
- Necessary for calcium absorption
- Needed to prevent scoliosis of the spine
- Provide energy, act as an energy store and provide insulation
- Aid the movement of food through the intestine
5. What is the function of carbohydrates?
- Insulation (in humans and animals) and to grow pollen in plants
- To create colour
- Quick energy (sugar), good for energy storage (starches) and for creating structure (cellulose or cell wall in plants)
- Needed for growth and repair of tissues in both humans and plants
Similar Biology resources: