1. Fusion occurs when-
- small nuclei join to make large ones
- pigs fly,it's not happened yet
- one big nuclei splits to form two daughter nuclei
- you mess around injecting things with odd stuff you probably shouldn't even be near
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1989 scientists said they made fusion happen at 50 degrees celsius. Why?
- there isn't any proof they did, so their experiments aren't valid. They could've lied or pulled of something really amazing but we'll never know.
- because the experiment took place at the bottom of the ocean
- because the experiment took place in space
3. How are chain reactions controlled?
- use a different material to absorb neutrons,slwoing the recation down as there are fewer neutrons to stimulate more fission recations
- we don't know how to control a hypothetical chain reaction yet
- nuclei are kept stable
4. If a chain reaction isn't controlled-
- there will be a risk of fire
- there'll be a nuclear explosion
- living things will become ill
- it prevents any of these other options
5. true or false- all nuclear reactions can be sources of energy
- From a certain point of view