1. What's a chain reaction?
- when in a fission reaction nuclei are formed, neutrons released in the reaction undergo fission
- I can't see a link to physics
- when in a fission reaction the nucleus is formed, it splits and comes back together again
- when in a fission reaction nuclei are formed, the energy released stimulates other nuclei to undergo a fission reaction
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Only one neutron from each _____ can cause another _____
- chain reaction
3. In 1989 scientists said they made fusion happen at 50 degrees celsius. Why?
- because the experiment took place in space
- there isn't any proof they did, so their experiments aren't valid. They could've lied or pulled of something really amazing but we'll never know.
- because the experiment took place at the bottom of the ocean
4. Why is fusion difficult?
- Trick question!
- Because scientists haven't yet figured out how it works
- Nuclei have to be really close before it occurs, and as unless really high temperatures and pressures are reached to overcome this, the positive charges repel one another
- Nuclei may blow up if they get to the correct heat and pressure for fusion,so there is a low chance of them being able to fuse
5. What kind of fusion was said by some scientists to have occurred in low temperatures?
- Cold fusion
- Who snows? (this is why we can't have nice things)
- Ice fusion
- No heat fusion