1. What kind of fusion was said by some scientists to have occurred in low temperatures?
- Cold fusion
- Who snows? (this is why we can't have nice things)
- Ice fusion
- No heat fusion
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In 1989 scientists said they made fusion happen at 50 degrees celsius. Why?
- because the experiment took place at the bottom of the ocean
- there isn't any proof they did, so their experiments aren't valid. They could've lied or pulled of something really amazing but we'll never know.
- because the experiment took place in space
3. Why is fusion difficult?
- Nuclei may blow up if they get to the correct heat and pressure for fusion,so there is a low chance of them being able to fuse
- Nuclei have to be really close before it occurs, and as unless really high temperatures and pressures are reached to overcome this, the positive charges repel one another
- Because scientists haven't yet figured out how it works
- Trick question!
4. Fusion occurs when-
- you mess around injecting things with odd stuff you probably shouldn't even be near
- small nuclei join to make large ones
- one big nuclei splits to form two daughter nuclei
- pigs fly,it's not happened yet
5. Why isn't fusion a casual source of energy?
- It's only a hypothetical idea
- To produce the correct heat and pressure needed for fusion on Earth, it uses more energy than it makes
- It can currently occur in space only and can't be taken to Earth
- Because it doesn't produce any