1. Example of an audience cult
- Jehovah's witness
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. World- rejecting NRMS
- See movement as only source of salvation
- More tolerant of other religions
- may focus on helping members to succeed in outside world
3. Stark and Bainbridge - offer products and services e.g. Scientology
- world accommodating
- Audience cult
- Client cult
- Cult movement
4. The rapture
- moment when certain people will be transported to Heaven to live with Christ forever there.
- Belief that we are now very close to the millennium.
- The period of suffering and destruction that will precede Christs second coming.
- Moment when the tribulation ends and the earth is transformed into the physical kingdom of God.
5. Sociologist who divided religious groups into 4 categories
- Stark and Bainbridge