1. Example of an audience cult
- Jehovah's witness
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The rapture
- Moment when the tribulation ends and the earth is transformed into the physical kingdom of God.
- moment when certain people will be transported to Heaven to live with Christ forever there.
- The period of suffering and destruction that will precede Christs second coming.
- Belief that we are now very close to the millennium.
3. World- rejecting NRMS
- See movement as only source of salvation
- More tolerant of other religions
- may focus on helping members to succeed in outside world
4. '.. although not objectively or physically deprived, may feel that they are spiritually or emotionally deprived, despite their material wealth their surroundings may feel lonely and impersonal'.
- Dissatisfaction with beliefs of mainstream religions.
- Influence of powerful charismatic leaders
- Relative deprivation theory
- Marginality hypothesis
5. Stark and Bainbridge - offer products and services e.g. Scientology
- Cult movement
- Client cult
- Audience cult
- world accommodating