1. The rapture
- Moment when the tribulation ends and the earth is transformed into the physical kingdom of God.
- moment when certain people will be transported to Heaven to live with Christ forever there.
- The period of suffering and destruction that will precede Christs second coming.
- Belief that we are now very close to the millennium.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cults are-
- based on a completely new interpretation of existing beliefs
- Breakaway group from existing religion or denomination
- Accept outside world completely
3. Sociologist who divided religious groups into 4 categories
- Stark and Bainbridge
4. Stark and Bainbridge - offer products and services e.g. Scientology
- Client cult
- Audience cult
- Cult movement
- world accommodating
5. '.. although not objectively or physically deprived, may feel that they are spiritually or emotionally deprived, despite their material wealth their surroundings may feel lonely and impersonal'.
- Relative deprivation theory
- Dissatisfaction with beliefs of mainstream religions.
- Influence of powerful charismatic leaders
- Marginality hypothesis