1. Example of an audience cult
- Jehovah's witness
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The rapture
- Belief that we are now very close to the millennium.
- moment when certain people will be transported to Heaven to live with Christ forever there.
- Moment when the tribulation ends and the earth is transformed into the physical kingdom of God.
- The period of suffering and destruction that will precede Christs second coming.
3. Cults are-
- based on a completely new interpretation of existing beliefs
- Breakaway group from existing religion or denomination
- Accept outside world completely
4. Sociologist who divided religious groups into 4 categories
- Stark and Bainbridge
5. Stark and Bainbridge - offer products and services e.g. Scientology
- Cult movement
- world accommodating
- Client cult
- Audience cult