- Created by: emilyame940
- Created on: 02-05-18 20:19
1. The Nobles gave land and precious objetcs were given to church, but what else did the normans do?
- The Normans burnt all books written in Old English
- They tired to control Bishops, Priests etc so they could give valuable pposts to their relatives
- The precious objects given to the church were in fact stolen from other churches across Europe
- Normans killed them all
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the houses/buildings made of?
- Brick exteroir and wooden beams for extra support
- They didnt have houses, they were poor
- wood frame and walls made of wattle and daub
- Wood frame and grass/horse poo walls
3. Once the Normans took over, wat happened to the Anglo-Saxon books?
- Nothing happened
- They were burned
- Language wa changed to Latin
- The books were altered
4. What order does the Feudal System go in?
- Earl, King, thegns, peasent slaves
- King, Earls, Thegns, Peasent slaves
- Peasent slaves, Thegns, Earls, King
- Kings, Thegns, peasent slaves, earls
5. What was England divided into? And what ahppened to the taxes in these areas?
- Burh- anglo saxon settlement and taxes didnt change
- Shires- Earl oversaw government and taxes were based on value of shires land
- County- Earls had control over each county as well as controlling taxes
- Plot- taxes increased on each house