1. Who said that certain emotions are universal, and that all humans feel and express them in the same way, and recognise them in others? The thesis was later rejected due to expressions being culturally determined rather than innate and universal.
- Charles Schulz
- Charles Windsor
- Charles Darwin
- Charles Dickens
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who uses social emotions including embarrassment, jealousy, guilt, pride and background emotions such as relaxation, excitement and well-being.
- None of the above
3. How many muscles are in the face?
4. "The degree of ... contact considered socially acceptable between different groups of people varies greatly from culture to culture" (Matsumoto, Knapp & Hall)
5. Who said "It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words"?
- Doel and Sawdon
- Dimbleby and Burton