1. What was said in Haystead?
- Doing nothing is sufficient
- Force can be indirect.
- Psychiatric harm is sufficient
- Touching someone's clothes can be battery
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who defined assault?
3. What is the mens rea for assault and what case established this?
- Intentionally scaring the victim - Mowatt
- Intentionally or recklessness cause the victim to apprehend immediate unlawful violence - Savage
- Intentionally or recklessly applying unlawful force on another - Venna
- Intentionally or recklessly causing the victim to apprehend immediate unlawful violence - Mowatt.
4. What was said in Savage;Parmenter?
- There must be intention as to some harm.
- There is no additional mens rea
- There must be an assault or batter for S47.
- The mens rea for S47 is intentionally or recklessly causing GBH.
5. What is S20?
- Assault or battery occasioning ABH.
- Unlawfully and maliciously causing GBH or wounding.
- Causing GBH/wounding with intent to cause GBH.
- Intentionally or recklessly causing GBH or wounding.