1. What was said in the case of Burstow?
- Words alone are sufficient for an assault
- Words can negate an assault.
- Actions alone are sufficient for an assault
- Emphasis in on what the victim thought was going to happen.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the mens rea for battery and the case that established it?
- Intentionally applying force on another - Venna.
- Intentionally or recklessly applying unlawful force on another - Mowatt.
- Intentionally or recklessly applying unlawful force on to another - Venna
- Intentionally causing the victim to apprehend immediate and unlawful violence - Savage.
3. What is the mens rea for S20?
- Intention to cause harm - Mowatt
- Intention or recklessness to cause some harm - Mowatt
- Intention to apply force on another - Savage
- Intention to cause GBH - Venna
4. What is the mens rea for S18?
- With intention to kill.
- Intention to cause GBH.
- Intention to cause the victim to apprehend
- Intention or recklessness as to cause harm
5. What is GBH and what case defined it?
- Lots of small injuries taken together as a whole - Brown v Stratton.
- Any hurt that interfere with the comfort of V - Miller
- Really serious harm - DPP v Smith
- Serious harm - Collins v Wilcock