1. What is the mens rea for S20?
- Intention or recklessness to cause some harm - Mowatt
- Intention to cause GBH - Venna
- Intention to apply force on another - Savage
- Intention to cause harm - Mowatt
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was said in Savage;Parmenter?
- There is no additional mens rea
- There must be intention as to some harm.
- The mens rea for S47 is intentionally or recklessly causing GBH.
- There must be an assault or batter for S47.
3. What is ABH defined as and in what case?
- Any hurt or injury calculated to interfere with the health and comfort of the V - Miller
- Really serious harm - DPP v Smith
- Lots of smaller injuries taken together as a whole - Brown v Stratton
- Break in the whole of the skin - JCC v Eisenhower.
4. Which case says that momentary loss of consciousness is ABH
- T v DPP
- Brown v Stratton
5. What was said in Collins and Wilcock?
- Force can be indirect.
- Unlawful force can be the smallest of touches.
- Touching a person's clothing is sufficient
- The emphasis is on what the V thought was going to happen.