1. Who defined battery?
- Collins v Wilcock
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is GBH and what case defined it?
- Lots of small injuries taken together as a whole - Brown v Stratton.
- Really serious harm - DPP v Smith
- Serious harm - Collins v Wilcock
- Any hurt that interfere with the comfort of V - Miller
3. What is the mens rea for S20?
- Intention or recklessness to cause some harm - Mowatt
- Intention to cause GBH - Venna
- Intention to apply force on another - Savage
- Intention to cause harm - Mowatt
4. Who defined assault?
5. What was said in Collins and Wilcock?
- Force can be indirect.
- Unlawful force can be the smallest of touches.
- Touching a person's clothing is sufficient
- The emphasis is on what the V thought was going to happen.