1. Which of the following most accurately describes the medical model of disability?
- The problem is the disabled person's social group
- The problem is the disabled person
- The problem is the disabling world
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. True or false: biographical disruption and narrative reconstruction are profoundly influenced by physical, social, cultural, financial and cognitive factors?
3. What is demedicalisation?
- The process whereby a human condition or life process is no longer considered a medical problem requiring medical intervention
- The process whereby human conditions and problems come to be seen as medical conditions requiring medical intervention
4. Which of the following is a reason why the social model of disability may be helpful to a doctor?
- Improved doctor-patient relationship
- Can be seen to 'de-skill' a doctor
- Can be seen by doctors to limit the effectiveness of treatment
5. How does Naturalism suggest normality can be defined?