1. True or false: biographical disruption and narrative reconstruction are profoundly influenced by physical, social, cultural, financial and cognitive factors?
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is medicalisation?
- The process whereby human conditions and problems come to be seen as medical conditions requiring medical intervention
- The process whereby a human condition or life process is no longer considered a medical problem requiring medical intervention
3. What is narrative reconstruction in relation to medicine?
- The changing of narratives following a disruptive event such as an accident or illness
- The ways in which a person's life becomes profoundly disrupted by trauma, chronic illness or injury
4. Which of the following is a reason why the social model of disability may be helpful to a disabled person?
- Disabled people are sometimes prohibited from reaching their full potential
- Positive psychological impact
- If an impairment could be improved and isn't, a disabled person's quality of life could potentially suffer
5. Which of the following is a reason why the social model of disability may be helpful to a doctor?
- Improved doctor-patient relationship
- Can be seen to 'de-skill' a doctor
- Can be seen by doctors to limit the effectiveness of treatment