1. What is medicalisation?
- The process whereby human conditions and problems come to be seen as medical conditions requiring medical intervention
- The process whereby a human condition or life process is no longer considered a medical problem requiring medical intervention
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is a reason why the social model of disability may be helpful to a doctor?
- Improved doctor-patient relationship
- Can be seen to 'de-skill' a doctor
- Can be seen by doctors to limit the effectiveness of treatment
3. True or false: what is considered normal varies between cultures?
4. Which of the following most accurately describes the medical model of disability?
- The problem is the disabled person's social group
- The problem is the disabled person
- The problem is the disabling world
5. Which of the following is the WHO definition of health?
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being
- Health is a state whereby the body is free from all abnormalities and disorders