1. What is narrative reconstruction in relation to medicine?
- The changing of narratives following a disruptive event such as an accident or illness
- The ways in which a person's life becomes profoundly disrupted by trauma, chronic illness or injury
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is a reason why the social model of disability may be unhelpful to a disabled person?
- If an impairment could be improved and isn't, a disabled person's quality of life could potentially suffer
- Changing the environment can improve a disabled person's life
- It encourages disabled people to take an active role in helping to manage their own healthcare needs
3. True or false: what is considered normal varies between cultures?
4. How does Normativism suggest normality can be defined?
5. True or false: biographical disruption and narrative reconstruction are profoundly influenced by physical, social, cultural, financial and cognitive factors?