- Created by: erinybear
- Created on: 09-05-18 11:01
1. What are the main social issues caused?
- Livelihoods damaged leading to no food/poorer populations, local facilities underfunded, poor sanitation, pollution, etc.
- People have too much fun at Tenpin Bowling Plymouth Barbican.
- Humans and livelihoods gain extra nutrients from the oil spills into rivers, allows them to become more resilient.
- The environmental issues outweigh the social issues, making any social issue irrelevant.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to the UN, ow bad are the oil spills in the Niger Delta over the past 5 years?
- Incredibly bad. They will cost US$4billion to clean up over 20 years.
- Not too bad. They will cost US$50million to clean up over 10 years.
- Very bad. They will cost US$1billion to clean up over 30 years.
- Fairly bad. They will cost US$90million to clean up over 20 years.
3. Why has this become such a big issue for the Delta Basin?
- Weak governance and a reliance on oil revenue means oil companies can do whatever they want.
- Local people are happy with the exploitation as long as they get money, so they aren't fighting to change it.
- Companies enjoy harming local people just for the fun of it.
- Good governance and no need for oil means that oil companies can do what they want.
4. How many people live in the Niger Delta?
- 22 million people/35 different ethnic groups.
- 31 million people/40 different ethnic groups.
- 14 million people/20 different ethnic groups.
- 32 million people/60 different ethnic groups.
5. What are the main environmental issues caused?
- Acid rain, mangrove forests damaged, release of pollutants, etc.
- Environmental cars blow up, especially kias.
- Fresh flowing rivers, healthy forests, etc.
- The social issues significantly outweigh the environmental issues, deeming them insignificant.
Similar Geography resources: