1. When did the NHS come into action?
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the 5 giant social evils identified by the Beveridge Report?
- Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor, Idleness
- Disease, Evil, Hunger, Poor, Ignorance
- Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor, Laziness
- Ruin, Poor Health, Money, Want, Squalor
3. How did prescription numbers change after the NHS?
- Rose from 7 million in 1947 to 19 million in 1951.
- They decreased rapidly.
- They increased slightly but not by much.
4. What effect did the NHS have on the number of doctors?
- The numbers doubled between 1948-1973
- The number halfed.
- It slightly increased.
5. What did the Black Report of 1980 show?
- The NHS had made no impact.
- That the poorest people's health had declined since the 1960's.
- Black people weren't treated as well as white people.