1. How did prescription numbers change after the NHS?
- Rose from 7 million in 1947 to 19 million in 1951.
- They decreased rapidly.
- They increased slightly but not by much.
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the 5 giant social evils identified by the Beveridge Report?
- Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor, Idleness
- Disease, Evil, Hunger, Poor, Ignorance
- Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor, Laziness
- Ruin, Poor Health, Money, Want, Squalor
3. Women were able to benefit from what in the NHS?
- A lifetime supply of diapers
- High quality maternity care
- Free strollers
4. What did the NHS show?
- That Britain could now announce war on Greenland.
- That British people had been neglecting their health for years.
- That people needed new legs.
5. Which acts were established in 1946?
- Family Allowances
- New Housing
- NHS and National Insurance