1. Which of these statements is true?
- In spina bifida occulta the dura is not defective
- Myelomeningocoele is usually unproblematic but may cause tethered cord
- In myelocoele the meninges are intact
- Spina bifida occulta often causes meningitis of infants
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Duane's strabismus is caused by lack of the nucleus of what cranial nerve?
3. Which of these statements is true?
- Division of the brain usually occurs at 15 weeks
- Lobar holoprosencephaly may cause cyclopia
- Chiari malformations are caused by the reduced formation of the posterior fossa
- Alobar holoprosencephaly is the least severe form
4. Which of these is x-linked recessive?
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Friedrich's ataxia
- Dopa-responsive dystonia
5. Which of these acts to allow some neurons to persist while others undergo programmed cell death?
- Retinoic acid
- Neural growth factor
- Sonic hedgehog