1. For a hunger mechanism to be adaptive it must both what...?
- Prevent the plague
- Accumulate and organise fat storage
- Anticipate and prevent energy deficits
- Lengthen and strengthen hair
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the evolutionary theory suggest?
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's positive incentive value, e.g. tastes nice
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat to build enough energy to reproduce
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's negative incentive value e.g. tastes bad
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat before those around us eat, e.g. survival
3. Which animal did Zhang et al use in their study?
4. What factor is Lutter et al's study on hunger associated with?
5. Damage to the paraventricular nucleus causes what?