1. What plays the most important role in producing feelings of hunger?
- The smell of freshly baked goods
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Damage to the paraventricular nucleus causes what?
3. What factor is Lutter et al's study on hunger associated with?
4. What does the evolutionary theory suggest?
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's positive incentive value, e.g. tastes nice
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's negative incentive value e.g. tastes bad
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat before those around us eat, e.g. survival
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat to build enough energy to reproduce
5. For a hunger mechanism to be adaptive it must both what...?
- Anticipate and prevent energy deficits
- Prevent the plague
- Accumulate and organise fat storage
- Lengthen and strengthen hair