1. Damage to the paraventricular nucleus causes what?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What factor is Lutter et al's study on hunger associated with?
3. Which animal did Zhang et al use in their study?
4. What does the evolutionary theory suggest?
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat to build enough energy to reproduce
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's positive incentive value, e.g. tastes nice
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat before those around us eat, e.g. survival
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's negative incentive value e.g. tastes bad
5. For a hunger mechanism to be adaptive it must both what...?
- Lengthen and strengthen hair
- Anticipate and prevent energy deficits
- Accumulate and organise fat storage
- Prevent the plague