1. Damage to the paraventricular nucleus causes what?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the evolutionary theory suggest?
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat before those around us eat, e.g. survival
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's positive incentive value, e.g. tastes nice
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is food's negative incentive value e.g. tastes bad
- Primary stimulus for hunger and eating is to eat to build enough energy to reproduce
3. For a hunger mechanism to be adaptive it must both what...?
- Lengthen and strengthen hair
- Prevent the plague
- Anticipate and prevent energy deficits
- Accumulate and organise fat storage
4. Which animal did Zhang et al use in their study?
5. What plays the most important role in producing feelings of hunger?
- The smell of freshly baked goods