1. Which study found that castrated male mice showed decreased aggression which then increased when given testosterone?
- Mann et al.
- Wagner et al.
- Archer et al.
- Dabbs et al.
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effect does testosterone have on aggression?
- Stimulates aggressive responses to emotional stimuli
- High levels of cortisol inhibits testosterone leading to low levels of testosterone which reduces aggression
- It activates areas of the brain dealing with aggression increasing levels of aggression
- Inhibits aggressive responses to emotional stimuli
3. High levels of dopamine are linked to .....
- Low Levels of aggression
- Not a lot of aggression going on
4. Which study found in clinical studies of antidepressants (increases serotonin levels) impulsive aggression and irritability were reduced?
- Scarbo and Raine
5. What do amphetamines also do as well as increase aggressive behaviour?
- It increases noradrenaline which acts on the CNS and triggers the fight or flight response, so this may increase aggression.
- Reduces dopamine
Similar Psychology resources: