1. What did Virkkunen find?
- In clinical studies of antidepressants (increases serotonin levels) impulsive aggression and irritability were reduced
- Low levels of cortisol in habitual violent offenders
- Castration(reducing testosterone levels) of schizophrenics (High dopamine levels) had no effect on aggressive tendencies
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do amphetamines also do as well as increase aggressive behaviour?
- It increases noradrenaline which acts on the CNS and triggers the fight or flight response, so this may increase aggression.
- Reduces dopamine
3. Low levels of serotonin....
- No aggression
- Highly aggressive
- Passive Aggressive
4. Which study found that castration(reducing testosterone levels) of schizophrenics (High dopamine levels) had no effect on aggressive tendencies?
- Dabbs et al.
- Wagner et al.
5. What effect does testosterone have on aggression?
- It activates areas of the brain dealing with aggression increasing levels of aggression
- High levels of cortisol inhibits testosterone leading to low levels of testosterone which reduces aggression
- Inhibits aggressive responses to emotional stimuli
- Stimulates aggressive responses to emotional stimuli