1. What did Dabbs et al find?
- Testosterone levels in saliva were able to correctly differentiate between violent and non-violent criminals.
- Low levels of cortisol in habitual violent offenders
- castrated male mice showed decreased aggression which then increased when given testosterone
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Alternative theory
- Griffiths' biopsychosocial theory
3. What do amphetamines also do as well as increase aggressive behaviour?
- It increases noradrenaline which acts on the CNS and triggers the fight or flight response, so this may increase aggression.
- Reduces dopamine
4. Which study found that anti-psychotic drugs (reduces dopamine) increased aggressive behaviour?
5. What did Lavine find?
- Amphetamines are drugs that increase dopamine increased aggressive behaviour
- Anti-psychotic drugs (reduces dopamine) increased aggressive behaviour
- In clinical studies of antidepressants (increases serotonin levels) impulsive aggression and irritability were reduced
Similar Psychology resources: