1. Which study found that anti-psychotic drugs (reduces dopamine) increased aggressive behaviour?
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which study found that drugs that decrease serotonin levels increase measures of hostility?
- Archer et al.
- Scarbo and Raine
- Mann et al.
3. What did Dabbs et al find?
- Testosterone levels in saliva were able to correctly differentiate between violent and non-violent criminals.
- Low levels of cortisol in habitual violent offenders
- castrated male mice showed decreased aggression which then increased when given testosterone
4. Describe how cortisol affects aggression
- It activates areas of the brain dealing with aggression increasing levels of aggression
- High levels of cortisol inhibits testosterone leading to low levels of testosterone which reduces aggression
- Inhibits aggressive responses to emotional stimuli
- Stimulates aggressive responses to emotional stimuli
5. Low levels of serotonin....
- No aggression
- Highly aggressive
- Passive Aggressive
Similar Psychology resources: